AP resident changing to free religion bug

LegionSteve

Motörhead
Hi solver, and anyone else making unofficial patches :goodjob:

I have found a bug where if the AP resident doesn't own the AP, and changes to free religion, they lose their residency (which is correct) but it doesn't trigger a new election. This seems to mean no more AP votes ever in that game. Although it has been suggested that some circumstances may bring the AP back to life. Or even saving and loading the game, but that didn't work for me.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=286839

This thread has more explanation and saves which can reproduce the problem. This was in BtS 3.17 and solver's 0.19

Interestingly the AP did come back in my game, after nearly 100 turns of having no resident and therefore no voting. I think, but don't have complete proof, that it was one of the AP members discovering mass media that triggered the election of new resident (me). Presumably voting would have then continued as normal but I don't know because I got my domination win a few turns later. If that is the case, whatever code is executed to see if an AP election should be triggered when someone gets mass media, it should do the same thing when someone changes state religion or changes to free religion.

Top Bottom