Arda Map (select your own Civs) LARGE

MichelinMAN

Chieftain
I'm not sure if this constitutes "technical support" - and please move this if it should be moved - but right now I would be posting an awesome map if it weren't for one technical difficulty (see difficulty at the foot of this post).

On second thoughts: here is the downloadable map with the aforementioned problem unfixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/?uoq4qy70v6bkor0

Disclaimer: I've never shared a civilization map before in my life. I'm not sure if you need to add any sorts of notepad files to it. I hope just having the file is sufficient.

Double disclaimer: this is also the first time I've ever had to share a file, and thus I just created an account with media fire. Sorry if that causes any problems because of a mistake on my part.
Making the Map

I made this map with a system, which involved using this map I have in a book I own:

Spoiler :

The system was that each square of the map was an 8 square chunk of my Civilization Map. This enabled me to pretty much copy the basic structure of the map:

Spoiler :

I had to do a lot of research into the various places in order to get an understanding of their resources and terrain structure. I also had a lot of fun - long, tedious fun - playing around with large stretches of empty land (Harad, Rhun, Forodwaith).

Assigning resources was really hard for me because I've never made a map before and I can't be sure exactly how it's going to work out for the player - too much?/too little?

Screenshots of the Map

The Undying Lands
Spoiler :

The Isle of Este and Surroundings
Spoiler :

Tirion, Furmenos and Valimar (not the actual cities, just the location)
Spoiler :

Tol Eressea
Spoiler :

I couldn't do much with the undying lands because by its nature it's quite a peaceful, simple place. If you have any suggestions about how to improve it I'd appreciate it.

Helcaraxe
Spoiler :

Angband and Surroundings
Spoiler :

Forodwaith - the Northern Wastes
Spoiler :

Utumno and Surroundings
Spoiler :

Hildorien
Spoiler :

Rhun
Spoiler :

Khand and Mordor
Spoiler :

Far Harad
Spoiler :

Harad and Umbar
Spoiler :

Gondor, Rohan, Isengard and Harondor
Spoiler :

The Shire, Lindon, Arnor
Spoiler :

Rhovanion, Misty Mountains and Grey Mountains
Spoiler :

Beleriand
Spoiler :

Numenor
Spoiler :

I also made these two screenshots
Spoiler :

The Problem

As I've stated, this is my first map. When I create a map like this I follow these steps:

1. Open up a map with a throwaway civiliation (Germany in this case)
  2. Create map and save the scenario in worldbuilder
  3. Load up the FFH: Age of Ice MOD, open the scenario, and then save it into worldbuilder
  4. Unload the MOD, click on the scenario, you can select your own civs

This is probably a ridiculous system, but it's the only way I know how to achieve a map where you can choose your own civs. I just told you it because it may help you address my issue.

No matter how much I've tried my civ invariably spawns in the midsts of Far Harad:
Spoiler :

Ideally I'd like my civ to spawn randomly in one of several predetermined tiles (as would the other civs), so one game you could play and be poised to found Osgiliath, the next game Gondolin, the next game Armenelos.

Failing that I'd like my civ to just spawn on any random tile.

Failing that I'd just like to be able to get my civ to spawn anywhere other than the middle of a jungle.

Hopefully I can deal with this minor bug very quickly and get the actual map out to play very soon.

Top Bottom