are there instructions how to setup the SDK debug environement?

primordial stew

Emperor
I need this for both Warlords and BtS. Using Refar's SDK cheatsheet I've been able to build a regular dll, and even 1 debug dll. Now, how to go from having a debug dll to actually debugging? There are some details in the cheatsheet about attaching the debugger to the game, but it's the part in between that I haven't been able to figure out.

The 9meg debug dll is copied into the $mod/Assets dir to replace the "Final" version of the CvGameCoreDLL.dll. Next some debug dlls (eg msvcp71d.dll) are downloaded from somewhere on the web and put into the Warlords directory. Also, boost_python-vc71-mt-gd-1_32.dll is copied from Warlords/CvGameCoreDLL/Boost-1.32.0/libs to Warlords/. Now there are no more dll errors reported, but the next Fatal Error is "failed initializing python". What else is needed :confused:

init.log:
[179837.953] DBG: Python Init
[180145.781] ERR: failed initializing game (InitGame)
[180145.781] ERR: CIV Init FAILED, exiting

PythonErr2.log
sys.path =Traceback (most recent call last):
load_module CvEventInterfaceTraceback (most recent call last):
load_module CvAppInterfaceTraceback (most recent call last):
load_module CvEventInterfaceTraceback (most recent call last):

PythonErr.log:
ERR: Python: Error printing sys paths
Failed to load python module CvEventInterface.
ERR: Call function onEvent failed. Can't find module CvEventInterface
Failed to load python module CvAppInterface.
ERR: Call function init failed. Can't find module CvAppInterface
Failed to load python module CvEventInterface.
ERR: Call function onEvent failed. Can't find module CvEventInterface

The problem is that civ gives the "failed initializing python" fatal error when my debug dll is used.

====== token expired??? =====

Yes, the debug dll (and whatever it loads) is the only change. The final release dll from the same source files + makefile works fine.

What did you have to do to get a debug session going?

Top Bottom