Description
This mod adds the following improvements:
- A beautiful new fog of war!
- New textures for Grassland,Plains and Desert with regional variations;
- New textures for Marsh, Tundra and Snow without regional variations;
- Recolored rivers and water;
- Re-textured flood plains;

Installation
This Mod comes in the form of a pseudo-DLC, and not as a traditionnal mod. Hence, follow these instructions to properly install it.
  1. Delete any mods or pseudo-dlc that provide alternative textures in : "My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods" and "steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC". I cannot ensure the cross compability.
  2. Download the archive on CivFanatics.
  3. Extract and Move the resource folder to ..\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC.
  4. Navigate to: My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ and delete the following folders : Cache, Logs, ModUserData
  5. The mod is now ready to use. It will be launched for all games you start, regardless of the expansion or other mods installed.

Credits
I have reused the water color palette of Estebanium's Terrain Texture Mod.
All new textures were made using Midjourney.

20230530180029_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20230529150327_1.jpg
    20230529150327_1.jpg
    412.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 20230529231237_1.jpg
    20230529231237_1.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 209
  • 20230530174606_1.jpg
    20230530174606_1.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 20230530180029_1.jpg
    20230530180029_1.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 209
Just want to say, this looks amazing! Has become my default texture pack. It's a shame it's not on the Wrokshop, are you going to upload it or can I have your permission to do so?

Thanks Jiska!
My first intent was indeed to publish it on the workshop, but the new water color palette doesn't apply when the mod runs as a standard one. However everything else works, so i might do it.
Also there is a bug with one texture not being loaded, i need to release the fixed version ... soon :yeah:

Oh, that's pretty nice. Not a big fan of the blinding fog of war though, so I've edited it to be closer to black.

Last edited:
New version just uploaded.
This update contains:
- New Textures for mountains for each biomes;
- New Textures for the Oasis;
- New texture for generic mine;
- New texture for riverbanks;
- The fog of war texture is now a bit darker.

Also I have restructured the mod in subfolders to make easier to disable textures that you don't like (rename the files or delete them).

I've recently installed this and like it, but there are two things that I find bothersome. Despite darkening the "fog of war" I still find it way too white & bright. I also find the grasslands way too bright of a green color.

Specifically, with the fog of war, there seem to be two layers. The uppermost is like a white fog, and I'd change that to seem more like storm clouds, in order to darken that. The lower, "stylized" clouds, IMO, they're just fine, though I would not be opposed to darkening those too.

As for grasslands, it's like the difference between green and neon green, and you're way too far too the neon green side.

Last edited:
I've now reached Tundra terrain & I also feel that could use a change. Real-world tundra has lots of plant life, it's not a barren stretch of stark white, except in winter, so maybe add some clumps of plants here and there?

Top Bottom