Artists, Machinery, Tectonic

silvertuerk

Chieftain
...started a game /w friends today. 2 vs 2 PvP without teams. Unfortunately my friend was on the same continent with the bloody enemies who started trading with themselves while I have lost two explorers trying to reach the ally... However, that was not the point, the point is the choices we made, and these are not surprising I guess:

#1 Barrè, artists, tectonic, pioneering
#2 ARC, artists, tectonic, worker
#3 PAC, artists, tectonic, worker
#4, PAC, artists, tectonic, worker

:)

Yes, the game is in a pretty imbalanced state right now. If you don't pick the strongest choices you will not be competitive. The game would probably be a lot more interesting if you just banned artists and africa and then don't use strategic balance so tectonic scanner is not as strong. Pioneering and the free worker are roughly on par IMO.

The main problem with not using tectonic scanner is that resources are destroyed when you settle on them. This means that you risk destroying crucial resources when you settle without tectonic scanner. IMO this is a horrible mechanic.

Engineering and chemistry should be teched by the time you are putting down your second city, so without tectonic scanner you are really only risking losing geothermal...unless you are Africa, which can get that second city on turn 10.

Yes, artists are too strong.

Engineering and chemistry should be teched by the time you are putting down your second city, so without tectonic scanner you are really only risking losing geothermal...unless you are Africa, which can get that second city on turn 10.

Yes, artists are too strong.

My first settler comes out before I have had time to even research pioneering half the time. There is no way you are going to have engineering and chemistry teched by the first settler. If you wait that long to found a city you lose by default. Expanding too slow.

Good luck not settling on top of crucial titanium or oil with that first city, possibly even 2nd city if you're teching for health buildings.

Yeah, with Barre and Artists you'll have your colonist out before Pioneering, pretty much every time.

Top Bottom