Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Thanks, it has now downloaded OK. Initially I had a GFC error when it started but I think that was due to not deleting an r343 set of cache files. It now starts but when I create a new game I get the following errors:
Tag: LEADER_RUIROS in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Tag: LEADER_DUMANNIOS in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Tag: LEADER_BRAEDEN in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Tag: LEADER_ANAGANTIOS in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
These errors cycle around endlessly as as far as I can tell
I can see the map screen behind the errors but cannot access it.

I can see the map screen behind the errors but cannot access it.
The Civilopedia does not open from the initail start screen
Apologies, the 1st message is RIUROS not RUIROS.
If I continually click on OK the messages eventually stop and the map is accessible but without an interface and nothing seems to work.
The messages also take a number of clicks to move to the next message, e.g. 3 clicks for each leader, followed by one click per leader, one click again, then 2 clicks, etc., presumably moving through the xml file until it gets to the end.

The Civilopedia does not open from the initail start screen
Apologies, the 1st message is RIUROS not RUIROS.
If I continually click on OK the messages eventually stop and the map is accessible but without an interface and nothing seems to work.
The messages also take a number of clicks to move to the next message, e.g. 3 clicks for each leader, followed by one click per leader, one click again, then 2 clicks, etc., presumably moving through the xml file until it gets to the end.

You might want to delete the entire Ashes of Erebus folder, then download the new SVN fresh, that might help.

I have deleted the folder, re-expanded the zip file and now it works, thanks.
I have noticed that skeletons sometimes display as swordsman but may change back to skeletons if they move. Everything is currently set to AoE Loader defaults.
I

Attachments

• 1713883723649.jpeg
    1713883723649.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 6
Thanks, it has now downloaded OK. Initially I had a GFC error when it started but I think that was due to not deleting an r343 set of cache files. It now starts but when I create a new game I get the following errors:
Tag: LEADER_RUIROS in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Tag: LEADER_DUMANNIOS in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Tag: LEADER_BRAEDEN in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
Tag: LEADER_ANAGANTIOS in info class is incorrect. Current XML file is xml\GameInfo/CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml
These errors cycle around endlessly as as far as I can tell
oh, i see what the issue is. I'll fix it next version. In the meantime, you need to activate the Important Leaders module

I have deleted the folder, re-expanded the zip file and now it works, thanks.
I have noticed that skeletons sometimes display as swordsman but may change back to skeletons if they move. Everything is currently set to AoE Loader defaults.
I
check your graphical options, you likely have Animation Frozen activated

check your graphical options, you likely have Animation Frozen activated
Thanks, the last time I installed this was when r343 was released, I will have to remember all the tweaks
It's looking good so far, there seems to be a lot of additions to the version that I have been using for the last few years

Is Foxford disabled? I get no option popup when a unit enters it.
Playing as an Emergent Leader there is no progress bar at the top left of the screen.

I am also experiencing some screen refresh options for the unit action bar in the interface, e.g.:
As the Amurites/Necromancer I have found and claimed an unowned castle and created a Tower Mage
When it gets enough experience to go to Level 2: No promotion options appear but the Build Fort option is available but does not work
If I enter and extt the Civilopedia: Promotion options are available and the Build Fort option has disappeared
If I then use the Death 1 promotion then the options do not change and the therefore the spell cannot be cast
If I enter and exit the Civilopedia: Spell is now available but if cast the Skeleton does not appear and the spell is still shown as available for use
If I enter and exit the Civilopedia the Skeleton now appears however if I select another unit and then select the Tower Mage location the Skeleton does not appear in the icon bar at the bottom of the screen and cannot be selected
Is this a known problem? I have some screenshots if it is any help
Modules enabled: Default AoE Launcher plus adv workers

Is Foxford disabled? I get no option popup when a unit enters it.
Playing as an Emergent Leader there is no progress bar at the top left of the screen.

I am also experiencing some screen refresh options for the unit action bar in the interface, e.g.:
As the Amurites/Necromancer I have found and claimed an unowned castle and created a Tower Mage
When it gets enough experience to go to Level 2: No promotion options appear but the Build Fort option is available but does not work
If I enter and extt the Civilopedia: Promotion options are available and the Build Fort option has disappeared
If I then use the Death 1 promotion then the options do not change and the therefore the spell cannot be cast
If I enter and exit the Civilopedia: Spell is now available but if cast the Skeleton does not appear and the spell is still shown as available for use
If I enter and exit the Civilopedia the Skeleton now appears however if I select another unit and then select the Tower Mage location the Skeleton does not appear in the icon bar at the bottom of the screen and cannot be selected
Is this a known problem? I have some screenshots if it is any help
Modules enabled: Default AoE Launcher plus adv workers
did you add the quickfix i posted a couple of days ago? that should impact the tower mage thing.
Not quite sure about foxford though

did you add the quickfix i posted a couple of days ago? that should impact the tower mage thing.
Not quite sure about foxford though
I have now added the files into the folder shown below, deleted the cache and reloaded a save game but it has made no difference, should I start a new game to make the new files active? Also is the location correct, there was only a Movies folder there before.

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise From Erebus\Assets\Art

I have had an event concerning a Rosewater Pool, 3 Lamia and a blessing... Is someone channelling their inner "Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" ?

I have now added the files into the folder shown below, deleted the cache and reloaded a save game but it has made no difference, should I start a new game to make the new files active? Also is the location correct, there was only a Movies folder there before.

C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise From Erebus\Assets\Art
shouldn't need a new game. The Art folder now has both Animations and Movies in it, right ?

Is something like this, with a specific file path, helpful in addressing the graphics-related MAF crashes?

SVN Revision 367.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

Screenshot (377).png

Here's another one, with a different file path -- again, if it's helpful.

SVN Revision 367.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, City Guards, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Goblin, Important Leaders, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, More Goodies, New Traits, Node Yields, Noggormotha, Not Yet Emergent Leaders, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes, The Bilght, Watering the Flames.

Screenshot (378).png

Here's another one, with a different file path -- again, if it's helpful.

SVN Revision 367.

View attachment 689529
it's referencing part of the code that's hardcoded, so not too useful, no

Top Bottom