Atomic War

Luca_zbr

Chieftain
Hello everyone,
In my last game, speed normal - deity - great plains, I was fighting against Monty and I had only 1 resource of uranium ( he was full obviosly :rolleyes: ) so I've built an atomic bomb. He built a lot of them.
I noticed that if I launch my atomic, he'll do the same, so i can't use.
His uranium resource are very far away from me, so I can't attack them, and Monty are going to scientific victory.
I'm poor of oil, he is very rich like a sheik.

I believe that the only way is resign, What would do you do to my place ?

sorry for my bad english, I'm still learning :)

Care to post a save?

Or screenshots?

Kinda hard to advise from outside of your game :), but first thing that comes into mind: can you win Diplo?

I believe that the only way is resign, What would do you do to my place ?

If you don't care to reload you can replay at a point before the war and buy all his uranium. Build more A bombs while he can't at all.

That is the saved game.

another question: If I nuke a city, the airplanes in that city will survive ?

I didn't think to diplomatic victory, It was a good idea.
Buy his uranium wasn't possibile beacause our neighborly relations wasn't really good ;)

At this point the game is compromised, I've tried to forward in the center of the map, he conquist my budapest and nuke my city of wittemberg.

Attachments

• 0ldAutoSave_0300 AD-1860.Civ5Save
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 41
"War never changes"

Besides that, airplanes will probably survive if he has bomb shelters.

Perhaps you could bribe somebody else into declaring war on Montezuma? Sometimes the best way to deal with AI nukes is to get them to launch at each other.

This should be a challenge for the pros. There's three more Aztec nukes ready to go, and there's no army to speak of to defend against their (admittedly low-quality) hordes. There's only Isabella left in addition to Monty, and she didn't look strong enough to me to cause much of a disruption if bribed to DOW.

The AI is sometimes stupid with spaceship production, so you could just try to defend and build your own ship far away from the frontlines. Tech is 1000 bpt, which is not too shabby. Buy rocket artillery, turtle and hope he doesn't send too many nukes...

Diplo victory is out of the picture as most city states are at war with the op, having been allies of Monty before he declared.

Top Bottom