Audio Problems since Spoils of War Patch

MJBeyond

Chieftain
I'm Wondering if anyone has encountered this problem which currently blights my game.

Prior to the latest patch (that added Spoils of War and Black Markets) my copy of BERT worked perfectly fine. As soon as it was installed, everytime I play the game the audio will cut out within a few seconds or minutes. After which the music stops playing and then all the other sound effects will (seemingly randomly) cut in and out or become choppy.

To try and fix this problem I've so far: reinstalled the game, cleared up loads of space on my hard-drive, updated the driver software for my graphics card and tried playing the game in low graphics. Nothing has made any difference and the game is still largely unplayable if you want the sound on.

My PC meets all the minimum system requirements and runs on Windows 7.
If anyone can help I would appreciate it! Getting desperate!

I have BERT installed on two machines - one of which has this problem since the last patch. Immersion breaking for sure.

Interesting, you're the first person I've met who has the same problem as me. Is there any difference in specs for the two machines? what specs does the machine with the problem have?

I have the exact same issue on BE vanilla, latest version on Steam
on TWO computers, a W10 laptop with Conexant audio chip,
and a Win 8.1 desktop with Real Audio, both Intel

Random tracks of the audio cut out at different times, up to and including TOTAL SILENCE

Top Bottom