Resource icon

Australia - Robert Menzies 1

NycholusV

Chieftain
NycholusV submitted a new resource:

Australia - Robert Menzies - Adds the Commonwealth of Australia led by Robert Menzies to the game.

This is the first custom civ that I have created, which I have been working on pretty much since Civ 6 was released. I do intend to create more custom civs in the future, so your feedback is appreciated. I will certainly be updating this mod if there are problems (I have left the historical agenda largely untested since I suspect most people will want to play as a custom civ first and foremost), or any adjustments that I think would be judicious.

I have to give credit to Colonialist Legacies for inspiring me with their amazing content for Civ 5, including their Australia mod. I've used the Digger as Australia's unique unit as they did in their Australia civ for Civ 5, and I feel guilty for it, but (as an Australian myself) I cannot conceive of anything that would make for a more fitting unique unit. I also want to thank Chinese American, Gedemon, Killfalcon and Rob (R8XFT) for their contributions on the forums that have helped in the development of this mod.

Please be aware that due to the current limitations of Civ 6 modding, it is currently not possible to use custom artwork of any kind, including graphics, icons, 3D models, leader scenes, audio and music. Even when the modding API is released and custom artwork is possible, I should point out that I am not an artist. I'm fine with icons, but 3D modelling is just something that I seem to neither find enjoyable or be very good at. Designing and creating mods is what I want to be doing primarily. If you could assist me with artwork for my mods, I’d be very grateful.

Installation instructions and more info:
https://nycholusv.com/civilization-6-modding/custom-civs/australia-robert-menzies/

Last edited:
This is great! How can I get it to work with Gedemon's YNAMP mod so I spawn in Australia?

NycholusV - from Gedemon - Position can be set from another mod (I must edit the to do BTW), but if some of you want to work on a compatibility patch included in the main mod, I'll add a file to the project to set the TSL for custom civs, and it could be updated using gitHub.

I hope you make this change! I would love to play Australia in the Greatest Earth Map!

NycholusV - from Gedemon - Position can be set from another mod (I must edit the to do BTW), but if some of you want to work on a compatibility patch included in the main mod, I'll add a file to the project to set the TSL for custom civs, and it could be updated using gitHub.

I hope you make this change! I would love to play Australia in the Greatest Earth Map!

here are the coordinates for melbourne:
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_MELBOURNE" X="99" Y="7" />
and sydney
<Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_SYDNEY" X="102" Y="9" />

NycholusV could you please update this Civ 6 mod for the Gathering Storm expansion as it is currently not compatible and possibly release on the steam work shop

Top Bottom