Austria Tradition Diplo questions

MIS

Prince
Hi guys, trying Austria Tradition Diplo. I read CrazyG Carthage/Tradition/Culture. So I have the following questions for Austria. Barbs but no events/ancient ruins. Appreciate your time!

• Do you tribute CS for gold early, even if it will delay the CS giving you quests?
  • Do you marry as soon as you can, and save up gold (timing it, obviously) to be able to do so. Or do you invest/buy units/workers/caravans etc. and wait until later to start marrying? Do you prioritize money (e.g. markets) to get this money quicker?
  • What do you do with an early great general? Defense/Barbs or make a fort?
  • Are there any key wonders? Is Roman forum worth it? Better than HG if you can only get one?
  • Tradition->Statecraft->? (3rd Policy Tree, Ideology).
  • At what stage should I expect all the AI to hate me because I’m close to winning?
  • Religion: CrazyG (Tradition, Carthage) went Ancestor Worship (I was thinking Ceremonial Burial)->Apostolic Tradition (now Evangelism?) and Mastery. (Buy missionaries first). Enhance: +33% great person points during golden ages ;Synagogues for Science. Would you do this for Austria?
  • Do use use Diplomats for Embassies or Diplomatic Missions?

Last edited:
My personal take on it :
  • I play Progress Austria for quick, extra money from all cities,
  • Clearing barbs is also a great source of money early on,
  • I think asking for tribute is not worth it, as you gain +50% rewards from quests. Maybe chain-bully one or too CS if you really want the gold in the early game,
  • I think (especially as Progress) that Roman forum is worth more than HG. Also, don't worry too much about food, Maritime CS will take care of it,
  • Religion : more GP % looks pointless with how much you can already stack in your capital thanks to you UA,
  • Religion again : stacking 2 sources of passive pressure is insane (Orthodoxy-Enhancer, and the CV one-Reformation) and allows you to pass World religion, as well as gaining a lot of votes (+1 vote/10 Cities),
  • CS will, sooner or later, be your allies ; whatever votes you can snatch brings you closer to victory, so definitely Embassies.

EDIT : I know you asked for Tradition Austria, but some of those advises also works for trad.

Just saw "MichaelGo361" is youtubing a series (3.7.11).
. I don't know how good he is.

In my recent run with trad Austria, I never tributed. Those quests are worth so much, I can bag a full alliance with just one kd them.

I agree that Roman forum is a good wonder for Austria, religion I like holy land as DV is your go to.

I think one maybe 2 marriages early helps lock in some cs, beyound that you need to get your infrastructure in order, 600 gold is almost 4 workers!

Top Bottom