Back from the dead (almost)

Steph

Multi Many Tasks man
Retired Moderator
Something fun that happened to me once with Civ2, and has been unfortunately removed from Civ3 :(.

I was starting on a medium size island. I soon colonized all of it, and set knights to the land north of the island. There, I met the chinese, who were quite backward, so I capture them fast... But then I stumble on Babylonian tanks!!

They were very advance compared to me, and had a very large island west of my own, with thei capitale very close to the shore.

They quickly declared war on me, and started to take back all the cities I had captured from the chinese.

Then, they send a expedetionary corps to my island, and capture a city. I was able to take it back, and doing this I get one of their technology. It gave me nuclear weapons!

While they were still conquering more and more cities, I manage to build a nuke, a small boat filled with 2 cavalry, and sneaked it near their capitale.

I anded close enough, in a marsh that was just 2 tiles from their capitale. They didn't counterattack... And next turn, when I was down to two cities, I nuked the capitale, destroying all the units there, send my cavalry, captured the city... and the babylonians civil war started!

They were two equal size factions in the former Babylonian empire, at war with each other. So they forget me for a while, and I was able to free my island, and later win the game, although I came back from very far.

interesting Steph... I hope we have civil war feature again in Civ4

Top Bottom