back to civ 5 (again)

00konichiwa00

Prince
I am giving civ 5 another try. but the game crashes a lot and I am actually starting to think that my computer ain't as superior as it used to be.
what should I look for when buying a gaming computer? a play games like civ 4, the sims 3, EU3 and now civ 5. but I would like a computer that's also good for gaming for another 2-3 years (if that is possible since todays technology gets old pretty fast). my computer works prefectly fine with civ 4 and EU3, so my computer aren't that ancient but I am getting more and more sure that it's the computer that cannot handle civ 5 not that it is something wrong with the game.

one more question. I know that civ 5 updates are automaticly. but to be sure I have the latest, where can I check I have the latest updates?

thanks

thanks, but I am onlt looking for advice what I should look for in a gaming computer that will have no problems running civ 5

Re: version
In the Civ5 main menu you will see your version number, compare that e.g with the latest "patch released" news here on CFC

Re: computer
It would be helpful to know your monitor resolution, what video quality settings you are aiming for and/or a rough idea how much you plan to spend or where on the scale from "as cheap as possible" over "best value for money" to "money is no object" you are located.

And the specs for your present machine would be helpful to evaluate how much of an improvement a new one could be expected to deliver.

Top Bottom