BADESS World Map Scenraio Mod for AND

45°38'N-13°47'E;10326368 said:
Huge maps shouldn't be a problem at all; I played a game with my wife with 32civs on a huge map up to the modern era almost without any issues. As for giant/gigantic maps with more than 32 civs, well, I don't know if anyone ever made it to the modern or future era. My pc is pretty old now but it's more than enough to play CIV4: quadcore q9450 @2.66 Ghz, 4 GB Ram, Win7 64 bit and 1GB video ram. The problem as I said is probably in the engine of civ4 which is an OLD game. Ho
I played giant/gigantic on RoM-AND maps with my laptop until the future era and its specs are worse than yours (though not a lot worse I think). Now the turn wait times could be just exhausting (though great for doing some reading I kept putting off) and an occasional memory crash was an ordinary part of play, but it worked. The only new thing is the mass of civs. But I think it will work fine if one turns off vassels and turns on aggressive AI's. If that does not do the trick, turning off revolution and only using static leaderheads (the animated ones are a huge drain on graphic memory) should.

As for the release date from now on I stick to Blizzard's philosophy - it's done when it's done :smug:

I'm eagerly awaiting this. You should just abandon whatever your plans were for the weekend and spend the entirety of it finishing this map, for the greater good! :)

Can't wait to see this one working. Hopefully MAFs don't take all the fun out of it.

Does any one know how to use a plain GEM or even GEM1400AD with RoM-AND?

Bored of this now... cavemen2cosmos has my attention rather than never happening map scenarios.

Can you at least release an unfinished version so somebody else can work on it?

:mad::mad::mad:Lets face the fact SILL is full of bull this is never gonna happen but at least he got our gaming taste buds flowing for a while so any one else that wants to comment dont bother SILL is a big fat time waster
Can you at least release an unfinished version so somebody else can work on it?

I in deed have been full of bull. Not fully consciously mind you, but I've been. Yet, believe it or not it is an idea which never left my mind. But it definitely won't happen for AND. Because I moved on since then. However, I would love to have it for C2C. There already is a fairly great world map scenario for C2C around which I recommend to anyone liking the idea of this thread, but it IMO still requires some improvements and some crazy over-the-top slack which contains the spirits of this thread. I can't promise anything and everyone is well advised to expect nothing. But if I'll get around to it, expect here to have a post appear announcing it.

Top Bottom