Resource icon

bal's gameplay mods (naval supply, reduced supply etc.) 1

Just a few questions

For FasterAnimations.sql in the Faster Animations mod:
Code:
Update ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats Set ShortMoveRate = 1, TurnRateMin = 10, TurnRateMax = 10, TurnFacingRateMin = 100, TurnFacingRateMax = 100 Where MoveRate IS null;
Update ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats Set MoveRate = MoveRate * 2, TurnRateMin = TurnRateMin * 2, TurnRateMax = TurnRateMax * 2, TurnFacingRateMin = TurnFacingRateMin * 2, TurnFacingRateMax = TurnFacingRateMax * 2 Where MoveRate > 0;
Update MovementRates Set TotalTime = TotalTime / 3, EaseIn = EaseIn / 3, EaseOut = EaseOut / 3, IndividualOffset = IndividualOffset / 3, RowOffset = RowOffset / 3;

How does it compare to QuickTurnsAnimations.sql in the Quick Turns mod? I don't want the two to conflict when loading.
Code:
UPDATE MovementRates SET TotalTime = 0.01 WHERE Type = "AIR_REBASE";
UPDATE AnimationPaths SET MissionPath = 0 WHERE Type = "ANIMATIONPATH_AIRFADEIN";
UPDATE AnimationPaths SET MissionPath = 0 WHERE Type = "ANIMATIONPATH_AIRFADEOUT";
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 2 * MoveRate;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 2 * TurnRateMin WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 2 * TurnRateMax WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET AttackRadius = 4 * AttackRadius WHERE MoveRate > 0;

For NoLakeNavy mod, is it necessary to have the print(pCity:GetName)? It tends to flood my lua.log with a lot of entries.

Last edited:
Just a few questions

For FasterAnimations.sql in the Faster Animations mod:
Code:
Update ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats Set ShortMoveRate = 1, TurnRateMin = 10, TurnRateMax = 10, TurnFacingRateMin = 100, TurnFacingRateMax = 100 Where MoveRate IS null;
Update ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats Set MoveRate = MoveRate * 2, TurnRateMin = TurnRateMin * 2, TurnRateMax = TurnRateMax * 2, TurnFacingRateMin = TurnFacingRateMin * 2, TurnFacingRateMax = TurnFacingRateMax * 2 Where MoveRate > 0;
Update MovementRates Set TotalTime = TotalTime / 3, EaseIn = EaseIn / 3, EaseOut = EaseOut / 3, IndividualOffset = IndividualOffset / 3, RowOffset = RowOffset / 3;

How does it compare to QuickTurnsAnimations.sql in the Quick Turns mod? I don't want the two to conflict when loading.
Code:
UPDATE MovementRates SET TotalTime = 0.01 WHERE Type = "AIR_REBASE";
UPDATE AnimationPaths SET MissionPath = 0 WHERE Type = "ANIMATIONPATH_AIRFADEIN";
UPDATE AnimationPaths SET MissionPath = 0 WHERE Type = "ANIMATIONPATH_AIRFADEOUT";
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET MoveRate = 2 * MoveRate;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMin = 2 * TurnRateMin WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET TurnRateMax = 2 * TurnRateMax WHERE MoveRate > 0;
UPDATE ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats SET AttackRadius = 4 * AttackRadius WHERE MoveRate > 0;

For NoLakeNavy mod, is it necessary to have the print(pCity:GetName)? It tends to flood my lua.log with a lot of entries.

Yeah, that print is completely redundant, I should've disabled it before uploading. For animations, I guess QuickTurns would be faster for air stuff, for others it's probably similar. I didn't test AttackRadius though, not sure what it does, will lok into that

Yeah, that print is completely redundant, I should've disabled it before uploading
Code:
print(pCity:GetName().." IS COASTAL")
                pCity:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes["BUILDING_BT_DOCK"],1)
                return
            else
                print(pCity:GetName().." IS NOT COASTAL")
            end
What about the prints commands in no navy lake? Is that just for logging purposes?

How much testing has no navy lake had? Does it work with communitas and other map types?

Better than ok actually :)
Separate Naval Supply v4 (Requires VP 2.0 or later):
- Capitals, Lighthouses and each coastal city provide 1 naval supply. Great Admirals' ability (voyage of discovery, was it?) provides 2 (this bit is unchanged I guess, adding for reference)
- Harbors now provide 1 supply for every 10 citizens, Seaports for every 5 citizens. Venetian Arsenale provides 1 for every 15 citizens (in addition to +3 flat supply).
- Naval wonders provide naval supply:
Great Cothon (Carthage NW): 2 / Great Lighthouse, Colossus: 2 / Piazza San Marco & Venetian Arsenale: 3 / Grand Canal: 4 . Venetian NWs have their usual (land) supply bonus reduced.

The new naval supply, or technically the sailor resource from population works exactly as the Supply from Population % from Walls. The value gets rounded down after all buildings are summed, so if you have two 9 pop cities with harbors, you still get 1 sailor.

I'm much more content with this right now, tying supply bonuses to population makes the tall vs wide balance much, much better. The numbers can be tweaked further, I won't be able to play the game for a few months, so I encourage everyone to come up with their balance tweaks. Also wanted to add supply bonuses as tier rewards of naval projects but didn't have the time.

Simplified Warfare v3:
- Dummy melee promotion is now hidden.
- Probably some tweaks that I'm failing to remember.
- Better compatibility with Separate Naval Supply mod. Sadly, the usual compatibility method of referencing fails at this, so there are now two SWVP versions, one standalone, one for using with Separate Naval Supply.

As again, experiment to your liking, share your results&tweaks, repackage the mod with them, all is fair and applies to any of my modmods (unless you take it out of civfanatics, then a credit would be nice).

Files are in the first two posts of the thread

Last edited:
Hi balparmak. First of all, great mods! I love them! I played with all of them pre 2.0 but now post 2.0 I cannot get the Separate Naval Supply mod to recognize it is activated. I have tried a test simply with its prerequisites (CP, VP, and No Lake Navy) and it still will not show active. My tests to determine it is not active was noticing that sailors were not showing as a separate resource as it was for 1.4.6 but I also checked the lighthouse and harbor civilopedia entries and they are simply the vanilla entries without mention of naval supply. What could I be missing?

P.S. I have made sure to redownload your mods post 2.0 for the proper modinfo file as well.

Hi balparmak. First of all, great mods! I love them! I played with all of them pre 2.0 but now post 2.0 I cannot get the Separate Naval Supply mod to recognize it is activated. I have tried a test simply with its prerequisites (CP, VP, and No Lake Navy) and it still will not show active. My tests to determine it is not active was noticing that sailors were not showing as a separate resource as it was for 1.4.6 but I also checked the lighthouse and harbor civilopedia entries and they are simply the vanilla entries without mention of naval supply. What could I be missing?

P.S. I have made sure to redownload your mods post 2.0 for the proper modinfo file as well.

Hi, thanks for kind words! More than that though, thanks a lot for noticing the issue. I made a very stupid mistake so Naval Supply mod wasn't working. Really ironic as I said how it was finally complete with v4.
I uploaded the new version, hopefully should fix it.

Hi, thanks for kind words! More than that though, thanks a lot for noticing the issue. I made a very stupid mistake so Naval Supply mod wasn't working. Really ironic as I said how it was finally complete with v4.
I uploaded the new version, hopefully should fix it.
Thanks for the quick fix balparmak. It works perfectly now. :)

@LokiCharms from Stellaris AlphaMod?
Yep but it's been a couple versions now. Although I just was a contributor for bugfixing and PR in Steam for Ash. I take no credit for making the mod. AlphaMod is Ash's baby, and a fine job he did.

Here's a small mod that only reduces city defense and HP, making city conquest a bit easier.

- Buildings provide ~25% less Defense and ~50% less HP to Cities.
- Palace bonus lowered to 200 (default 300)
- Land units blockade adjacent undefended tiles.

The following are included in the sql but disabled (commented out), you can enable them by removing the dashes before UPDATE .
- Default city strength lowered to 400 (default 500)
- Hill bonus for cities lowered to 100 (default 200)

Each change is on a different line, so you can easily delete the ones you don't want in LowerCityDefense.sql .

Attachments

• Lower City Defense (v3).zip
    2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Here's a small mod that only reduces city defense and HP, making city conquest a bit easier.

- Buildings provide ~25% less Defense and ~50% less HP to Cities.
- Palace bonus lowered to 200 (default 300)
- Default city strength lowered to 600 (default 800)
- Hill bonus for cities lowered to 400 (default 500)

Each change is on a different line, so you can easily delete the ones you don't want in LowerCityDefense.sql .

Does city_strenght_default really default to 800? In the Coredefines.sql file, which is in VP modfolder I have this value equal to 500 by default. And also in Citydefence.sql The value of CITY_STRENGTH_HILL_CHANGE is 200. Or are these values modified in some other files?

Last edited:
Does city_strenght_default really default to 800? In the Coredefines.sql file, which is in VP modfolder I have this value equal to 500 by default. And also in Citydefence.sql The value of CITY_STRENGTH_HILL_CHANGE is 200. Or are these values modified in some other files?

Oops you are right, I guess I took them from the BNW database. Well they're low enough anyway, I'll update the file and make those optional.

Very small update to Simplified Warfare, with v4 land units blockade adjacent undefended tiles, like ships do. No need to bring 6 units just to blockade a city now! It's set in the first line of SupplyLower.sql, just delete it if it isn't for you. Require VP 2.1.1 or later
edit: Also included this to lower city defenses above

Last edited:
Great mod! I have a suggestion, since the cost of units has gone up, perhaps for balance it would be worth reducing the frequency with which military city-states donate units?
P.S. Sorry for my English, i am not a native speaker, but I hope I expressed my thoughts correctly.

Great mod! I have a suggestion, since the cost of units has gone up, perhaps for balance it would be worth reducing the frequency with which military city-states donate units?
P.S. Sorry for my English, i am not a native speaker, but I hope I expressed my thoughts correctly.

Thanks! That's a good suggestion, I'll increase that by 50% in the next version, or maybe make it optional. I'm not native either but I think your English is very good btw

hi, im a noob. how do i choose which supply reduction to activate?
also, if i want to remove one of the mods is it better to edit swvp.modinfo file or delete the files?

Yep Karibskih is right, no need to edit the modinfo file. There's one additional step though, for example if you want only want the late game supply reduction, you need to remove SupplyLower.sql, then edit LateGame.sql and remove "/*" at the beginning and "*/" at the end. I know this is a bit confusing, since the mod is pretty much done by this point, I'll release each supply version as a separate mod soon.

Updates to all mods, mainly re-organization and aesthetic tweaks.

- Separated Simplified Warfare into its components, as it was confusing some people. Now you can get Reduced Unit Supply, Reduced Late Game Supply, Simplified Promotions and Misc. Tweaks separately.
- All mods uploaded to cfc resources section.

No Navy by Lake Cities & Separate Naval Supply:
- Disabled debug print statements, replaced "naval supply" icon with a much better one. Also, if you use Separate Naval Supply with Improved or Reworked Top Panel, the icon on the top panel will be next to the military supply instead of being placed in the resources section.

Reduced Unit Supply:
- Increased duration for military city-state unit gifts, thanks @Karibskih for suggestion!

To-Do:
- Add naval supply rewards to related league projects (treasure fleet, grand canal)
- Experiment with different formations & aggression settings for reduced supply.
- Replace everything with triggers for maximum custom civ & unit compatibility

Last edited:
Top Bottom