Barbarian Civ(s) Spawning system

strategyonly

C2C Supreme Commander
I am starting this thread to see if anyone would e interesting in this type of spawning to C2C:confused:

What i have in-mind is, example, The Tupi civ, make it completely a Minor Civ that spawns at a certain turn date and wreaks havoc from then on as a horde. Also another civ(s) would be like the Huns and Goths, etc.

• They will have different tech already given to them.

When they will be spawned. At which turn time table?

Spawn Chance.

Total of gold given to them.

Tech Percent given to them each.

Default Ships if you want them on a coastal area.

Number Ships Per City.

Number Of Cities

Num Worker Per City

Capital City Unit >UNIT_CUNHAMBEBE<

Number of Capital Unit

Default City Defender>UNIT_JAVELINEER<

Number City Defenders Per City

Default Second Unit>UNIT_WARRIOR<

Number Second Unit

Is this worth the trouble to put this in C2C, or me again, just blowing smoke?[pimp]

Hmm, come to think of it, i could almost but actually duplicate, the history mod one made by Ryhe, as far as the dates and stuff that is not all the other stuff.

Come to think of it, i haven't talked to him in awhile, well mainly because he lives in Italy. And i haven't been there since 1987.

I think having new, SPECIAL, Civs spawning throughout the game would be great. :goodjob: Especially as linked to Events or certain conditions that exist in the game.

For the Huns, you could look approach from two angles: Barbarians doing well, razing a lot of cities, expanding, etc. leads to their hero Attila emerging.

Or the opposite, the barbarians face extinction as the other Civs are snuffing them out of existence. Enter Attila to unite his people and begin a new era of warmongering, razing cities and hearing the lamentation of the women.

I think this will also pave the way for similar occurrences down the road with an AI taking over, genetic experiments gone out of control (Planet of the Apes, Biological Zombies, etc.), and of course, Aliens.

I think having new, SPECIAL, Civs spawning throughout the game would be great. :goodjob: Especially as linked to Events or certain conditions that exist in the game.

For the Huns, you could look approach from two angles: Barbarians doing well, razing a lot of cities, expanding, etc. leads to their hero Attila emerging.

Or the opposite, the barbarians face extinction as the other Civs are snuffing them out of existence. Enter Attila to unite his people and begin a new era of warmongering, razing cities and hearing the lamentation of the women.

I think this will also pave the way for similar occurrences down the road with an AI taking over, genetic experiments gone out of control (Planet of the Apes, Biological Zombies, etc.), and of course, Aliens.

Infact that was my original way of thinking, nice thinking there, buddy.;)

My worry is a this could be very unbalancing in that if a spawn event is so major it only happens in one place, and therefore only hits a subset of the players. If it's near you it might be massively disadvantageous, if near your rivals hugely beneficial. It just feels like there is a danger that one event could wind up swinging the entire game.

My worry is a this could be very unbalancing in that if a spawn event is so major it only happens in one place, and therefore only hits a subset of the players. If it's near you it might be massively disadvantageous, if near your rivals hugely beneficial. It just feels like there is a danger that one event could wind up swinging the entire game.

Hmm, well if the spawning civ was small enough then as not to OVER power to much, ie give them one Hero, one unit for Ancient Era, and 1 Hero and 3 units in the Classical Era, then maybe a second with one Hero and 6 units, then up the ante each Era? Something like that, would that adversely then effect too much?

You know this is why i like discussions, all kinds of ideas/suggestions from everyone, now that's progress.:p

Hmm, well if the spawning civ was small enough then as not to OVER power to much, ie give them one Hero, one unit for Ancient Era, and 1 Hero and 3 units in the Classical Era, then maybe a second with one Hero and 6 units, then up the ante each Era? Something like that, would that adversely then effect too much?

You know this is why i like discussions, all kinds of ideas/suggestions from everyone, now that's progress.:p

What about if the spawn occurred near the #1 ranking Civ at the time?

What about if the spawn occurred near the #1 ranking Civ at the time?

If the human player knows that will happen it's too easy to game the system. How about if the probability of it spawning near you is inversely proportional to you leader board position, but it's not fully deterministic? That way you'd have to aim to be right near the bottom to try to game the system, rather than deliberately holding at number two

If the human player knows that will happen it's too easy to game the system. How about if the probability of it spawning near you is inversely proportional to you leader board position, but it's not fully deterministic? That way you'd have to aim to be right near the bottom to try to game the system, rather than deliberately holding at number two

Well if the spawn were based on an event and relatively random, that wouldn't be as much of an issue.

But if it's a set time and always occurs, sure, that's a good idea. I can't imagine anyone crippling themselves just to avoid it.

I like this, but can the present spawning system work for this or is this a dll thing then?

I like this, but can the present spawning system work for this or is this a dll thing then?

Oh definitely a DLL thing since the spawn system operates independently of location relative to any particular civs territory. I guess you old use python based off of the unit spawning event to move the unit to a different location when it spawns to achieve this though. So in the end I guess either DLL or python could do it.

Top Bottom