Barbarians archers in camp don't attack archers

skodkim

Deity
Hi

I notived that with VEM 119 barbarians in camps tend to be more aggresive towards nearby units - a great addition!

Barbarian archers in camps also bombard enemy units. I've seen this happen to warriors and legions but for some reason it never seems to happen when I've got an archer near their camp. Is this intended?

\Skodkim

Hi

I notived that with VEM 119 barbarians in camps tend to be more aggresive towards nearby units - a great addition!

Barbarian archers in camps also bombard enemy units. I've seen this happen to warriors and legions but for some reason it never seems to happen when I've got an archer near their camp. Is this intended?

\Skodkim

Are you sure it isn't coincidence (for example they didn't have LoS to your archer but they did to your melee units)?

Are you sure it isn't coincidence (for example they didn't have LoS to your archer but they did to your melee units)?

Most of the time the archers will fire at you're archer I had it happen on my game So it probably hadn't line of sight

Guess I'll test it some more then. Just seemed like I saw it a lot of tmes: I could actually just stand there with my archer and bombard them.

Will report back if the problem persists.

\Skodkim

Barbarians only attack if the combat odds are decently favorable. Archers have higher ranged defense capability than warriors, so barbarian archers will sometimes sit in their camp and wait for reinforcements.

Barbarians only attack if the combat odds are decently favorable. Archers have higher ranged defense capability than warriors, so barbarian archers will sometimes sit in their camp and wait for reinforcements.

Thanks for the explanation. To me it seems a little weird that the reason that barbs shouldn't bombard enemy archers is because of their higher ranged defense capability then warriors - since they don't take damage from it anyway.

Well - I guess you can't get all you want and as said before I find the fact that barbs will attack out of camps a huge improvement.

\Skodkim

Is this by design, or just because you can't write separate rules for melee vs ranged attacks?

Because for ranged attacks, combat odds should be nearly irrelevant; the barbarians are nearly always better off shooting, because it always damages the enemy (and only the enemy) and all it does is unfortify the barb archer.

So I think a barb archer should still shoot at a civ's archer, even with low combat odds, while a barb brute should stay in its camp unless it has decent odds.

Top Bottom