BAT 2.0 Blank Start Up.

Hello, I previously played Bat 1.0, and when I switched to Civ BtS 3.19 I have recently tried to run Bat 2.0.

I actually had to reinstall windows, so in terms of CivIV BtS everything is starting fresh.

The only other Mod pack I have updates in Rhye's to the most current version.

When I try and load the BAT 2.0 mod, the load up of the mod itself is fine but when the Main Menu comes up, the first menu from which you begin to select game options.....the screen is blank. There is no menu there. I Can see the CIV4 BtS background just fine, and the menu seems to be there, as I can seemingly click on things, but I cannot see it, it is invisible.

I tried to search for similar complaint on here, but found nothing. Is this a known bug? Is there something I need to do to correct this?

When I did the install I did a standard install of the Mod without really changing any of the default options.

After seeing this problem, I did a DL of Bug 4.1 and that works just fine, I am able to play Bug 4.1, but no BAT 2.0.

Any suggestions?

That sort of error usually occurs when a mod doesn't support your selected language. Set civ4 to english and report back if that works. BAT should have multiple language support, but you might have found a bug, so it would be nice to know if that is the cause, or if it's something else.

Thanks for your suggestion. My Civ4 is already set to English. :)

Actually, when I loaded the Bug 4.1 I was asked at the beginning to select a language, so of course, I selected English. But when I loaded up BAT 2.0, I was not asked to select a language.

Anyways, I don't think the language is the issue......I wonder what else it could be. ???

I've never had a problem with BAT not bringing up the Main Menu. First, edit the BAT Mod 2.0 ini file and make sure CustomAssets and CustomArt are both turn off... I believe the settings are No CustomAssets/Art, so you'll want to set it to 1.

Also, have you installed any other Mods in your CustomAssets folder?

Does your username for your Windows use accents, or other non-standard characters?

Are you running BTS version 3.19?

I was running the BUG Mod and yesterday, I downloaded the exe BAT File for BTS 3.19. When I start up my game, It seems like it`s still the BUG Mod. I see the "Press ALT + CRTL + O to Modify the BUG" or whatever.

What kind of changes should I see to confirm it was installed? When I installed the BUG Mod, I could start CIV 4 BTS using the Bug Mod 4.0 from the Start Menu. I can't with the BAT.

Any thoughts?

On the top of the BUG Options Screen you should see BAT Mod instead of BUG Mod. Also, BAT needs to be run as a Mod.

Yes, I did notice that. Thanks for the reply.

Quick question: Is there a list of changes in the BAT mod as opposed to the BUG? I did notice the Civ's flags were different. Anything else? I kind of need a little more for me to use the Mod.

It has completely new unit and building sets, based on the civilization, not the culture. It has improved terrain graphics, and some leaderheads have been improved.

Top Bottom