BAT and WoC Modules

OrionVeteran

Deity
Is there a pristine version of BAT that can utilize WoC modules? I want to run a test vs RevDCM.

OK I will re-phrase my question: Can you use WoC modules with BAT? If so, how? If not, has someone converted BAT to work with WoC modules (Besides RevDCM and Rise of Mankind)? I'm looking for a clean version, with no additional mods added into it for my test.

The "cleanest" version of BAT right now, is 2.2a. I don't know if it could use WOC modules, but I doubt it. I have not converted it to WOC modular loading, though it might be interesting. It would be a lot of work, though.

You'd need to use the WoC DLL to start and remove the optional pieces of BULL that are included in BAT. I just posted the files in another thread within the last week, but you can find all the files in the Optional subdirectory of BULL.

Or you can merge BULL and the WoC DLL. I don't know how much work that would be. I was tempted to do it at one point, but keeping it maintained would be too much for me to take on.

Out of curiosity, what did you want to compare?

You'd need to use the WoC DLL to start and remove the optional pieces of BULL that are included in BAT. I just posted the files in another thread within the last week, but you can find all the files in the Optional subdirectory of BULL.

Or you can merge BULL and the WoC DLL. I don't know how much work that would be. I was tempted to do it at one point, but keeping it maintained would be too much for me to take on.

Out of curiosity, what did you want to compare?

You answered my question I had about WOC but what about ROM mod? If it won't work with that either are there any extended game mods that it will work with.? I like the long game and gigantic world maps.

Buck

What question about RoM? If you want to merge RoM and BAT it is possible, but I haven't done it myself. You might ask in the RoM forum to see if someone has done it already. IIRC RoM is built on BUG and BULL which means you'd just need to add the graphics stuff from BAT (lot of work but maybe can extract from BAT).

What question about RoM? If you want to merge RoM and BAT it is possible, but I haven't done it myself. You might ask in the RoM forum to see if someone has done it already. IIRC RoM is built on BUG and BULL which means you'd just need to add the graphics stuff from BAT (lot of work but maybe can extract from BAT).

I found out that ROM does have BUG, I got it up and loaded but am having one of the same issues. Hard to know here in Civfanatics where to ask the queston to know where a problem lies.

An issue I am having is I can't seem to get to Metal Casting although it is in the science tree. As far as the BAT, I don't have it running (at least when the game starts it doesn't reflect BAT 2.2 or such.

I appreciate your response.

Buck

RoM and BAT are both mods that cannot be run with other mods, so you can't use them together. If you're okay with RoM, stick with it as you do get BUG.

As for not being able to reach Metal Casting, can you be more specific? Do you crash when you get there? Can you just not see the tech on the Technology Advisor? Is it missing from the Civilopedia? The more specific you can be, the more likely we can help.

Top Bottom