Better RoM: Promotion Balancing

I like Afforess' idea better. No training compares to actual battle, whether you pay for it or not. Also, it won't be clear while you play that you are paying more for the promotions themselves as compared to maintenance, etc. I think promotions should fade over time from lack of action.

Excellent idea Afforess.

Although you do need to be taught which end of the weapon to point at your enemy. And how to work as a unit rather than an individual.

One problem - promotions that the unit gets because it is that unit eg the medic gets heal promotion. They should not fade. Or they should be part of the unit description not a promotion.

Although you do need to be taught which end of the weapon to point at your enemy. And how to work as a unit rather than an individual.

One problem - promotions that the unit gets because it is that unit eg the medic gets heal promotion. They should not fade. Or they should be part of the unit description not a promotion.

That's definitely important. Imagine a medic with combat I but no medic promotion.

Good Point DH, I think that since this focuses purely on combat (or rather, the lack of), that non-combative promotions will be ignored.

Cool strategy! I will have to try that. :goodjob:

Same applies ofc with all mounted units going to be cossacks in case you have Russian city in your empire. Overall this negates the meaning of UU - i.e. being unique unit for certain civilization, not capture several cities and have available all UU's they have.

Good Point DH, I think that since this focuses purely on combat (or rather, the lack of), that non-combative promotions will be ignored.

what about Drill? Drill is weak right now, so having it stay would be very good

With my work on SubdueAnimals mod I have a promotion that is specific for that mod and it is useless when there are no more animals. So I would want it to fade ASAP after it is useless. Afforess are you thinking of a new tag on promotions which suggests a tech after which a promotion fades?

Thinks to self - Maybe I should just be using the plunder option instead of adding a new one. or maybe the woodsman/hills one recon units get....

Look at the Mountaineer Promotion, it has an obsolete Tech tag.

Scrapped most of my original ideas; I have a much better plan now, with Dynamic Experience. Feel free to comment.

Top Bottom