• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

BEYOND

This certainly looks interesting. I really like some of the changes, but I'm curious to see how others play out.

Also, how does "Hex Conquer & Release" play with VP? I wanted to use that mod years ago, but never tried it due to incompatibilities.

All great people can be captured and you want to protect them now

I do not really see an enemy great general helping another civ out. GWAMS definitely but not GGs and GAs.

I think Printing Press was fine before, maybe switch banking and printing press from the vanilla VP tree so that banking needs guilds.

This certainly looks interesting. I really like some of the changes, but I'm curious to see how others play out.

Also, how does "Hex Conquer & Release" play with VP? I wanted to use that mod years ago, but never tried it due to incompatibilities.
So I played three full games with Beyond and it really does change enough to effect gameplay, especially the late game was more fun which is what it focuses on. My mod list works very well with VP and HCR plays out nicely too. In a nutshell with HCR you don't have to capture an entire city just for a tile or two, and in a peace treaty tiles will be released back to the owner if they cannot be worked. I recommend trying it out.
Yes! VP compatible, right?
:c5happy: Yes! I'll make that clearer in a moment.
I do not really see an enemy great general helping another civ out. GWAMS definitely but not GGs and GAs.

I think Printing Press was fine before, maybe switch banking and printing press from the vanilla VP tree so that banking needs guilds.
I think the Renaissance era is in a very good place because now printing press requires machinery (think printing press machine), chemistry (new inks and papers) and gunpowder, with which armies can kill each other in a blink of an eye and people appreciate diplomatic options much more. This and the other changes in the renaissance make a lot of sense to me and align all other tech before and after very nicely.
Oh and about the GG, my idea is that units fight better due to good tactics rather than moral support. And a general can probably be "convinced" as any mortal man. But if more people want the change I'll consider it.

Last edited:
Hey just wondering if this mod is compatible with the other mods available here like Enhanced Naval Warfare, More Unique Components, More Wonders, custom civs etc.?

Hey just wondering if this mod is compatible with the other mods available here like Enhanced Naval Warfare, More Unique Components, More Wonders, custom civs etc.?
Beyond is compatible with most mods especially custom civilizations and wonders. Mods that modify the technology tree are not compatible. Mods (like ENW) that modify late game unit resource requirements or positions are not recommended because they would void the intended balance of Beyond Vox Populi. I'll add that info to the main post.

how did you make missiles & nuclear missiles supply free? do you have a standalone or instructions please?

oh wow thanks, i'll take a look. been forever trying to figure it out! i'd just install your mod but i fear it might conflict with some other mods i have is all :) appreciate the answer!

Last edited:
Top Bottom