Bird making game unwinnable?

chococid

Chieftain
So I had sent an assassin out to explore the northern area, he came across the North Wind, so I moved him northwest some (away from the bird).

I had him kill the guy who was guarding the boat, and the next turn the bird destroyed the boat.

Is there any way whatsoever that I can actually get to the sword? I now have a save file in which there isn't a single enemy on the map except for the god himself- no cities, no white castle, no frostling den. I tried to get a time victory but the game just kept going past the last turn.

The ground ocean should freeze solid when a blizzard passes. But I can't remember if it is possible to get a land bridge to the island since it IS immune to the freeze and all that.

Did you kill Fiacra? Maybe capture her with a scout and then just fly across to get the sword?

Yeah, I already killed Fiacra in my save, and it looks like a blizzard can't freeze that path because there are mountains to the west of it- again, I've got a save that's after the turn that should be the time victory; I've wiped everyone out, etc. I could go back to a save around turn 500 or so, but it's quite annoying that I can effectively make an infinite amount of troops and still not be able to win.

I even built a city next to that volcano in the northern path to try to see what was going on, and I have a fair bit of that island in my cultural borders even.

I can see the mountain with the sword from the city, but still can't get to it.

is it possible to simply open the game in worldbuilder and either add another boat or place a scout or something on the island. technically cheating i know, but if therea re no other options.

it's possible you can't do this in scenarios i've n ever tried
-rhuntar

is it possible to simply open the game in worldbuilder and either add another boat or place a scout or something on the island. technically cheating i know, but if therea re no other options.

it's possible you can't do this in scenarios i've n ever tried
-rhuntar

Well, a scout on the island wouldn't work because you have to get it back to the mainland. I'll try the boat thing I guess. Irritating, but it's not like I wouldn't have won it in this scenario anyway, I have something dumb like 150 troops, everything researched, all cities maxed out, and my science rate at 0 so I'm not losing money due to the troops..

When I get back to my computer I'll give it a try. Better than just abandoning the scenario. Of course, I'll get a "Dan Quayle" due to the fact that it's taken so long... :rolleyes:

Just getting on the island is enough. Once you check the volcano it erupts and you can access the area by land (through the mountains above where you get Knowledge of the Ether for free, to the west of the sword)

What does "check the volcano" mean? Would expanding my cultural borders in that one city to overlap the volcano work?

Maybe, but might be difficult.

I'm pretty sure that the way it works is that when the tile containing the volcano at the center of the peninsula becomes visible that you get an event that causes all the world's volcanoes to erupt ans become craters, which are passable. This allows you to walk into the crater and take the Godslayer (blade? or is it the Hilt?), and also to cross through the volcano/crater that seperates the peninsula from the mainland.

Maybe, but might be difficult.

I'm pretty sure that the way it works is that when the tile containing the volcano at the center of the peninsula becomes visible that you get an event that causes all the world's volcanoes to erupt ans become craters, which are passable. This allows you to walk into the crater and take the Godslayer (blade? or is it the Hilt?), and also to cross through the volcano/crater that seperates the peninsula from the mainland.

I can see it now and that hasn't happened. So it must be something other than sight alone.

I can see it now and that hasn't happened. So it must be something other than sight alone.

I believe you have to move a unit onto it...

If I recall correctly you need to move a unit next to the volcano on the center of the island, at which point you get the option to pull the hilt. Something else that works is if you have any units that can cast Floating Eye, and then send the eye over to trigger the eruption.

If I recall correctly you need to move a unit next to the volcano on the center of the island, at which point you get the option to pull the hilt. Something else that works is if you have any units that can cast Floating Eye, and then send the eye over to trigger the eruption.

Doh! I could have used this to pull it off. I assume Fireball would work also.

Any luck with it? I just wonder.

I didn't try that. I just worldbuilder'ed a unit like was suggested earlier, then promptly got owned by Kyolorin deciding that out of everyone in the stack of ~50 people, he was going to take on the dragon first.

I started over and did it right.

Doh! I could have used this to pull it off. I assume Fireball would work also.

I think Fireball lacks the movement range to make it to the volcano, but I'm not sure on that. I do remember using the eye to pull the sword, then a while later finding the boat and being like "oh, that makes so much more sense than having a magical floating eye pull a sword out of a volcano".

You should try and capture Fiarca.

Spoiler :
It is very powerful and levels up fast. I had mine fully maxed out with Strength upgrades, Blitz, and movement points and it helps immensely due to its mobility and power

Top Bottom