Bombardement order

NKVD

Cossack
Hi. When you bombard a city (or it could also refer to an unit) does it change anything to bombard with the most powerful units first?

Example: You bombard a city, you have 3 trebuchets and one upgraded with volley, and 3 crossbowmen one with volley. Which order you go if it changes anything?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

well, a damaged city or unit does have reduced strength...and the game mechanic makes it that the less strength you have, the more damage you take (and less damage you give).

I only take care about the order when using planes or melee unit to attack though. use strongest unit first.

Agree on strongest unit first. Also, inspired by your question, remember to always move your Great General into position to provide the GG bonus for each attacking unit -- before the unit attacks. I can't tell you how many times I've eagerly attacked a city (or set of enemy units) and then realized -- derp -- that I forgot to move my GG in range. That GG bonus can mean the difference between taking a city in one turn vs. having to suffer injured (or dead) units and a prolonged siege.

I am aware of the damaged unit modifiers. What if it the first round of attack. The way I see it: You attack with 1 crossbowman just to get small damage so that your 2 trebuchets get 2 full attacks on damaged unit/city!

Agree on strongest unit first. Also, inspired by your question, remember to always move your Great General into position to provide the GG bonus for each attacking unit -- before the unit attacks. I can't tell you how many times I've eagerly attacked a city (or set of enemy units) and then realized -- derp -- that I forgot to move my GG in range. That GG bonus can mean the difference between taking a city in one turn vs. having to suffer injured (or dead) units and a prolonged siege.

...same for great admiral.

I am aware of the damaged unit modifiers. What if it the first round of attack. The way I see it: You attack with 1 crossbowman just to get small damage so that your 2 trebuchets get 2 full attacks on damaged unit/city!

The best way is to test it when the situation arrises and play the scenario out repeatedly using different combinations.e.g. max, max, min...min, min, max...max, min, max and remember to do it multiple times to factor in the variables built in.

As a rule i will generally attack the unit that i can do the most damage to with the unit that will do the most damage to it at any given time unless that unit has very little health then i will try to find the unit that will just about kill it so i can save the more powerful units for less damaged targets with the primary aim to kill as many units as possible of course.

Also, inspired by your question, remember to always move your Great General into position to provide the GG bonus for each attacking unit -- before the unit attacks. I can't tell you how many times I've eagerly attacked a city (or set of enemy units) and then realized -- derp -- that I forgot to move my GG in range. That GG bonus can mean the difference between taking a city in one turn vs. having to suffer injured (or dead) units and a prolonged siege.

Right... Like you are the only derp in town... :D

The best way is to test it when the situation arrises and play the scenario out repeatedly using different combinations.e.g. max, max, min...min, min, max...max, min, max and remember to do it multiple times to factor in the variables built in.

QUOTE]

Well is there any luck involved in combat in civ 5? If you test a combat situation and reload nothing will assure me one way is better than the other one since there is a bit of luck involved. It would take us the combat formulas in the .xml

QUOTE]

Well is there any luck involved in combat in civ 5? If you test a combat situation and reload nothing will assure me one way is better than the other one since there is a bit of luck involved. It would take us the combat formulas in the .xml

There is a small variable in the damage done so if it says you will do 57 damage you may do between 55 and 60 damage (random example figures) so the standard way to test when variables, roll of the dice mechanics are in play is to run the same test multiple times and take a average result. The more you test the more accurate the result.

This has never happened to me, especially in a GOTM domination game.

Just checked with IGE, bombardment damage is not influenced by the healthpoints of the target. Can post proof if wanted.

We'd love cause you know we're hardcore lover.

The damage stays the same, against cities and units.

Additional note: Terrainpromotions do not affect city bombardment damage.

Attachments

• MuchDakka.jpg
    MuchDakka.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 107
Top Bottom