PreLynMax

Your Lord and Master
Mao Zedong (Exp/Pro): Out Of the Pan and Into the Fire

Mod: BUG Mod
Difficulty: Noble
Leader: Mao Zedong
Map: Standard Hemispheres
Game Speed: Normal

Ok losers we all know about the Chinese and thier enhanced crossbow unit the Cho-Ko-Nu (2 First Strikes), and the Pavilion (+25%:culture:), so I'm going to skip the intros. For now let's look at that start.

Spoiler :

Not a particually good start, I have sheep just north of my settler, and pig southwest. The only positive thing about this is it's a costal start, so I might have to invest in Fishing pretty soon, too bad there's no resources to make Fishing/Sailing worthwhile, I might have to trade for those techs instead of researching them myself.

Played 55 turns in, I'm going to bed. It's almost 6am here.

Part I: China's Not-So-Humble Beginnings

Turn 0, 4000 B.C.:
Settled in place. Sent scout (due NW), started Hunting tech.
Spoiler :

Turn 2, 3920 B.C.:
Intresting. I popped a Hunting tech. That was easy. Oh well... I guess I'll move on to Archery. I gotta enhance Mao's defensive trait.
Spoiler :

Turn 9, 3630 B.C.:
Finished Archery, started The Wheel, and guess who popped up. (No, it wasn't Montezuma, thank goodness):
Spoiler :

Turn 12, 3520 B.C.:
I figured that I would start out with two workers, but as for now I don't have anything to do with them. But, I am going to start my second worker.

Turn 17, 3320 B.C.:
Finished The Wheel, started Pottery. I need to get those cottages, ASAP.

Turn 23, 3080 B.C.:
Time to get work on a Warrior. Why a warrior, and not a scout or an archer? Well right now I need a quick defensive unit for now. Since warriors are cheaper than archers (at this point), I figured a quick unit for basic protection inside or outside my borders is better than leaving my city undefended.

Turn: 25, 3000 B.C.:
25 turns in, and I'm losing in points. And I have tiles that can't be worked with all those darn trees in my way. Time to start Bronze Working and get my workers a-choppin'.

Turn 38, 2480 B.C.:
Finished BW, got my workers working (almost) right away, and I switched to Slavery (against my better judgement). I do not like that slave revolt event, and I tend to get it EVERY SINGLE TIME I play with Slavery on.

Turn 41, 2360 B.C.:
Another rival comes up.
Spoiler :

At least it's Hatty, as I am once again saved from the warmonger demons of Civ 4.

Turn 48, 2080 B.C.:
Masonry! Walls! Woot woot. As with the 1st tier techs, this is also a gateway tech. With no Writing, I can't beeline anything yet. I should've researched Animal Husbany sooner with the pig and sheep, but Bejing has been growing nevertheless (at this point, a 3 size city), so at least it's not a BIG deal if they get any damn lamb chops or pork rinds.

Turn 53, 1880 B.C.:
Guess what. The event gods has smited me with this research setback event. No hot dogs for China for an extra turn. Darn.
Spoiler :

Why have I stopped? I'm replacing this game with a newer game (same leaderhead and map script, different mod)... so stick tight for a replacement. Sorry. The other game got played over (either by my stupid ex or my stupid nephew).

Top Bottom