Buffy Crashes on Reload

marconos

Prince
I think this is the right forum to ask this.

I did some searching but couldn't find anything that seemed like my issue.

Running the latest Buffy mod, I was on Vista64 anytime during a game where I loaded a different game save the game would crash.

Redid my system with Windows 7 (64). Having the exact same issue.

To create the issue.

Start a game with the buffy mod.
Play 2 turns and save the game.
Load the save you just made ... game crashes.

You can load the game from the start menu just not while you are in it. Is there a setting or something that I am missing on this?

I was just reading some other threads and stumbled across on with CTD in the title.

It appears that this is a known, but not reproducable issue.

BTW: I am a software developer and am willing to help troubleshoot this if needed. I have access to visual studio 2003.Net through 2010 and have been writing code for 20+ years. So if there is something that I could help out with (since I get the crash every time) let me know.

You really get it every single time? I believe I don't when I reload a really small savegame from a really early stage of a game. But otherwise I got it too, constantly, until I relized I can load saves just fine if I Exit to Main Menu first.
XP32, never encountered any other issues with any other mod yet.

yes, I get it every single time, never fails.

I was able to get the error with both Operating Systems as well. My son has an older box that still has XP on it. I'll try it on his system and see if I get the error there as well.

I've had a couple of weird things with BUFFY, but only because I had fiddled with some files.

Make sure that you haven't copied the BULL dll to your main BTS folder. I think that's what did me in. :)

I like BULL to run with all of the mods that I play. In order to do that, you need to replace your regular DLL with BULL's DLL. The same as using the unofficial patch DLL. As long as the mod doesn't have it's own DLL, everything is fine.

Then again, I'm Irish, female, and a little on the crazy side. So maybe I'm wrong. :lol::p

You probably want to post this in the HoF forum instead, then Denniz will see it.

Do you use BUFFY Lemon? Didn't think you play HOF games.

I thought that the CTD only happened when exiting to the MAIN MENU--not when loading a game from within another game. Damn, this is brutal. Unfortunately only the HOF team has access to the full DLL source code so I couldn't supply you with a debug DLL to try. You should definitely post this problem in the HOF subforum.

The exit to main menu crash is a different issue altogether, and I never got that one.
I imagine combining both issues would really be brutal but I think BUFFY is only plagued by the reload crash. And reloading is not allowed for HOF games anyway :p

Well, you could be playing to HOF games at once and bouncing back-and-forth between them, but ya it seems okay to have to exit to the MAIN MENU for now. Perhaps there's something funny going on in the security code. In any case, the HOF team will have to take a look.

Top Bottom