BUG 4.5 and BULL 1.3?

King Pluto

Emperor
I noticed that there is a BULL 1.3 and a BUG 4.5 up on the SVN links in the download thread (at least I think they are based on the Change logs), but there don't seem to be any links to downloads in this forum (or installers for BUG).

Are these working versions? If I want to update from BUG 4.4 and BULL 1.2, is there a list of which files from the SVN I need and which I don't?

I've been wondering this myself

For BUG it's pretty easy to pull down the full CustomAssets folder and use it as-is. Assuming you have BUG installed to the CustomAssets folder and nothing else, just swap in the new folder for the one on your HD. If you have it installed as a mod, swap the CustomAssets folder from SVN for BUG's Assets folder (renaming it to Assets of course).

BULL is a tougher nut to crack because you need to compile the C++ files into a CvGameCoreDLL.dll file using MS Visual C++. Others on the forums have done this, and there are instructions to get you going in the modders' forum.

Disappointment from Civ5, having my development machine bite the dust, and lack of time due to work have made getting back into BUG/BULL development harder. I do intend to do this at some point as I miss it a lot, but I cannot commit to any sort of time frame right now.

That being said, I believe Lemon Merchant is still working on a new BAT release, and she is more than fully capable of packing in all the new BUG/BULL goodness plus the cool stuff she's worked on herself. You'll have to look in the BAT threads to see the latest developments.

That being said, I believe Lemon Merchant is still working on a new BAT release, and she is more than fully capable of packing in all the new BUG/BULL goodness plus the cool stuff she's worked on herself. You'll have to look in the BAT threads to see the latest developments.

I haven't seen Lemon post in a while...

Now I have! Is a BAT release coming in the near future?
Unfortunately no. At least not in the near future. I would very much like to work on it, but I just don't have the time right now. When things settle down in a couple of months or so, I'm hoping to get back to it. Heck I haven't even played Civ for the past few months, much less done any modding. :(

I plan to make up for the delay by making BAT 4 incredible. :)

BULL is a tougher nut to crack because you need to compile the C++ files into a CvGameCoreDLL.dll file using MS Visual C++. Others on the forums have done this, and there are instructions to get you going in the modders' forum.

So to use the updated BULL 1.3, I'd need to compile the DLL? Or hopefully find someone who has done it already and posted it here?

Anyone? :mischief:

So to use the updated BULL 1.3, I'd need to compile the DLL? Or hopefully find someone who has done it already and posted it here?

Anyone? :mischief:
Unless the compiled version of BULL 1.3 is available from the svn server, you will need to compile the source code in order to use it. Keep in mind that the svn versions are not released versions and may have issues, and since they are raw versions, they won't have installers until final release.

Just to save you some time. BAT 3.0 uses a form of BULL 1.3, but it can't be used outside of BAT. Therefore, copying the BAT DLL to get BULL 1.3 won't work. A number of people have tried and wasted their time.

Check out the tutorial threads on compiling the dll. It's rather easy and free. :)

I've been pretty good at keeping the BULL source tree in a working state at all times. If you follow one of the compilation threads, you should be good to go.

1. I'm also looking for those two version. Does anybody know, where I can find them nowadays? Especially the source files for BULL 1.3?

The BULL SVN repository (the only one that I'm aware of) is still there:
https://sourceforge.net/p/civ4bull/code/HEAD/tree/

Version 1.2 was completed with revision 187.
r216 (Sept 2010) includes a compiled DLL for v1.3. After that, there are a few more revisions from 2010 by EmperorFool and then one final revision concerning the SVN integration by ruff_hi in 2012.

Thanks a lot. I was actually to stupid to look into the code section there. Stupid me.

Top Bottom