Bug + Bull on Steam

mighty gandhi

Chieftain
Hi Guys, I had Bug+Bull installed and everything was going fine with my Civ on steam.
Then I don't know what happened, and appearently the game uninstalled itself (some weird reason I can't explain).
So I reinstalled the game and the two mods but the game doesn't read the Bull dll, everything ok with Bug, but I cannot select Bull options.
Tryed again a million times with fresh installations but nothing to do. I guess the problem is dued to Steam that changes the normal installation paths under Steam/Steamapps/Common.
I remember me having issues even the first time but then I solved somehow.....any suggestion? I guess I'm not the only one having this game on Steam....

When you reinstalled BULL, did you merge in the Python and XML files properly? There is no installer yet, so you have to move the files manually to your Custom Assets folder. The directions are in the BULL zip file, IIRC.

Yes, I followed the instructions in the readme file, but still not working...
Spoiler :
To install BULL so that it is always active with your games (this will allow you to use it with succession games and games you open from the CivFanatics forum), you must copy the files and folders from BULL's Assets folder into your CustomAssets folder.

C:\Documents and Settings
<your user name>
My Documents
My Games
Beyond the Sword
CustomAssets
Next copy the file Assets/CvGameCoreDLL.dll to BTS's Assets folder, renaming the original first. It's okay to leave a copy of it in the CustomAssets folder; it will be ignored by BTS.

C:\Program Files
Sid Meier's Civilization 4
Beyond the Sword
Assets
CvGameCoreDLL.dll.original <-- rename original by adding something onto the end
CvGameCoreDLL.dll <-- then copy BULL's here

The path of the CvGameCoreDLL will be slightly different on my PC due to Steam...maybe that's causing problems...

Last edited:
Now it worked finally....If it can help for someone else the correct path where to place the .dll is :\Programs\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Assets

Thanks for helping :thumbsup:

Top Bottom