Bug or feature? CS quest "Connect to trade network" when selling immediately

MIS

Prince
If this is a bug, lmk, and I'll try to github it (please link me; I play on steamdeck but I'll try my best). It may be intended behaviour:

I get a CS quest for Cocoa.

Before hitting "Next Turn", I always finish the worker action if it's got 1 turn left so I can better allocate my tiles, sell to the best civ, etc. So I forced the worker to finish my cocoa plantation. If I sell that turn (before hitting next turn), I don't get the CS quest reward (even the next turn). But if I don't sell immediately, I do. I've tried it both ways on the same turn, on the same game.

CS quests (with a few exceptions) check during their turn for condition. The "get luxury" quest check each CS turn for luxury, so if you improve and sell the luxury on the same turn you won't trigger the quest. Just wait one turn indeed.
I'd say it works as intended.

CS quests (with a few exceptions) check during their turn for condition. The "get luxury" quest check each CS turn for luxury, so if you improve and sell the luxury on the same turn you won't trigger the quest. Just wait one turn indeed.
I'd say it works as intended.
Makes sense. It's annoying in this scenario because Netherlands will offer me 5 gold + Whales before "Next Turn", but only 4 gold (no whales) after "Next Turn". I won't report it. I can also imagine a world where another civ pillages my cocoa as soon as I make it.

Yeah that's working as intended, CSs check whether you meet the quest conditions during THEIR turn.

Top Bottom