Build queus Deimos 1872

Zwelgje

Deity
Spycatcher
This city has got port facility and a nice production so let's build a bunch of battleships I say.

Sixchan
Has a good trade going on and a nice production so what to do first? I suggest bank (for economy) and mfg plant (for production) but as said, what shall we do first, you decide!

Unknown city
Trade is good but production is nothing, I suggest to improve economy: build superhighways!

Joespaniel
Another city with nice trade and production, its building superhighways, I suggest to switch to mfg plant and build superhighways after that (building SH will take much less time with MFG in town.

Mpondo
Some pollution kicking in here, mass transit will clear up the skies, after that superhighways for supereconomy.

Thunder Falls
From the old queu: freights, but also I would like to see a mass transit to avoid pollution and superhighways.

St. Leowind
The only thing going right in this city is economy so a bank is being build (it will take another 27 turns so rushbuild at some point) and after that superhighways.

So what do you think about it? Discuss! :D

Screenshot of Deimos:

You say that Unknown City has no production!
So why should we be improving the economy? That seems very strange and does not address the problem at all. What does anyone else think?
:confused:

I'd also like to see Uranium-producing cities just buy their freights outright rather than build them in the normal way. This commodity is extremely short-lived at the best of times and will give enormous pay-offs when dumped into the Holy Duck Pond. :D
Can we also start producing some airports to get our Uranium (and other) freights about please? If we can capture an English city then we could IPRB an airport there and stick tonnes of troops in! :goodjob:

From the city summaries, Unknown city:
Production (support/availible): 6/11
Trade 53
Taxes: 31
Luxuries: 24
Science: 32
Trade routes: Dover, wine +2
Supported Units: 2 riflemen, 1 cavalry, 1 destroyer, 1 engineer, 1 battleship, 1 freight
Garrison: 2 riflemen, 1 freight
Improvements: temple, marketplace, library, aqueduct, factory, sewer system, harbor

Production is really low, only 11 with factory in the city and supporting 6 units....
Trade is 53 so that's reasonable and I would like to see it become higher because that's what's giving us so much money each turn! :)

Here is a suggestion for keeping routine (e.g., non Uranium, Gems, Silk, etc.) trade simple & managable for the President:

1. Only deliver a freight if both the source ans destinations have SHs & Apts.

2. At first, concentrate on

2.a. HolyDuck and
2.b. Konigsburg (see note on it)
2.c. Hispalis

These are chosen for their size, max trade arrows, and location. One of the 3 will be a good choice for any developing city in the empire, distance-wise (you wanna max the trade arrow and distance for max trade bonus).

Notes:

2.a. note: I suggest to buy the HDP airport. More! Look at HDP's trade partners... they must all get airports and SHs immediately to double the existing trade routes!! Ideally, no new city trade without an airport/HS should be allowed to trade with HDP in future turns until they have the Apt/SH, since this is the SSC and the science is above 0%. :)

2.b. note: Move the engineers to build roads across the 2 unroaded Konigsburg rivers.... this will get (4) more arrows! Don't worry about irrigating the river swamp for a while... the land swamps are more important, since they net 3 trade each.

2.c. See hispalis note:
here.

:)

duke:

Perhaps you'd like to start a thread on trade specifically so it can be a separate discussion. We are in the midst of building many airports all over the globe as well. As far as the English airport idea, I like to do the very suggestion you make, but at this point we'll be able to get like 15-20 units to English lands in about 4 turns by transport. In the time it'll take to bribe or take a city, rush an airport, and start sending units there, it will only be able to take advantage of one or two units within that time frame. Remember, only one unit can be sent to that city per turn.

Starlifter:

I agree with doing everything I can to boost trade and science and I will try to cover your suggestions. Forgive me if I miss a few or I'm not as quick to get them done. The turns are taking a while (as I keep harping on :)), and seeing the spaceship "light at the end of the tunnel" I'm kinda bullrushing my way there to be sure there's not a whole bunch of boring turns of just building and score padding before we land.

I agree with doing everything I can to boost trade and science and I will try to cover your suggestions. Forgive me if I miss a few or I'm not as quick to get them done.

Don't worry if you can't catch it all, or don't have time for some/all ;).... But I'll hit the high points just in case :) :)

Top Bottom