Building City - Crash To Desktop

Civrules

We the People
Okay, I have not played in a long, long time and this is the second game that I have started since yesterday. Also, this is the second crash in a row. Both (one was the "Peace Treaty Crash") occur even before I get out of the ancient times.

Anyways, I am playing as Carthage and I was just exploring with my Warrior. I met a Spanish Warrior and Settler and when they settled near my Warrior, the game just crashes. I tried it three times and the game does crash each time.
And the results I expected were for the game not to crash each time another Civ builds a new city.
If you didn’t know it yet, I am playing 1.15b.
I really hope these crashes will get fixed in the next patch...

Here are the screenshots along with the save:

Before they build the city:

After they build the city:

Save

I couldn't reproduce this crash in 1.15 or 1.20. After the AI builds the city, a wonder splash appears, since Carthage has finished the Colossus and the game goes on without problems.

Incidentally in this bug post you submitted, I tried reproducing the crash but was also unsuccesful, and again, just after the point where you experienced a crash, a Wonder Splash appeared (this time it was the Oracle) and the game went on just fine.

So if you haven't tried already, I would suggest reinstalling Civ3 and Conquests, since it seems something has gone bad in your installation.

If you've already tried that, I guess it's time to look at other stuff like your screen resolution, other running tasks, graphic card drivers etc... :)

Yeah, I already know what the problem is. I downloaded a graphics mod and it seemed to crash the game. I would have never guessed that was the reason but turns out that it was. :)

Oh, ok - just wanted to make sure you weren't still sitting around in front of the screen, sulking and thinking that you would never play Civ3 again :D

Has the graphic mod been fixed, or did you just uninstall it, btw?

:lol:

Well, I liked that graphics mod a lot and the creator did fix it so it wouldn't crash. After he did so, some other problems came up (black dots on the wonder splash image) and he did not seem to know how to fix them. I am still using my original graphics...

Top Bottom