Building well performing cities

SpannersUK

Chieftain
Hi,

First post here and hoping someone can help. I've been playing CIV since v1 and have recently got back into it with Rev on the iPhone. I seem to have had no trouble on all difficulties except Deity.

Basically I am getting stuffed every time as my cities are not generating enough Beakers or Hammers.

If I'm lucky by 2000AD I might have once city that has 20B or 12H because of this the AI runs away in the Tech race and I am left with the stupid situation where I am trying to take cities with Knight armies + general + hill + vet etc (30) attack and can't beat a single army of Pikemen with 33 defence.

My questions for the experts here are these:

1) Which tiles give the most Science/Production
2) How do I rapidly build up science/production

Just to be clear, on my games I've tried horse rushing, I can't build the damn things quick enough to build armies to take cities. I've tried rushing barbs and exploring like mad to get as many wonders as I can.

Please help!:mad:

I have a few suggestions for you:
-Try to go for the techs that gives you bonus. For exemple, try to get Constrution first and make sure to have a citywith a few hills.
-Spend your money. After getting your free settler (once you get 100 gold), it is a good idea to built a city in a place with a lot of plains and spend all your money on a granary. The city will grow so fast it will be a great investment.
-Don't feel obligated to protect all your cities... Just make sure your exposed ones can get an army of archer if its attacked. Hammers early on are important, and early on, armies aren't. My stategy is to make sure to have 1 city with a barrack and let all my cities built wonders until I get Feudalism. Then I switch the production to Knight and go conquer the world:king:

Top Bottom