BULL text message error

Koichi

Chieftain
Hi I've just installed BULL and I'm in trouble so please someone can help me out.

I recently bought Civ 4 BtS 3.19 at Steam.
I followed the readme file and installed BULL after I installed BUG, which worked pretty fine.
BULL seems working fine as Advanced Combat Odds in the BUG option can be turned on/off.
However, when I look at the odds, the text message has an error with strange pink rectangles and the unreadable text, like shown in the screenshot attached here.

My PC runs Japanese Windows 7, and I used to have a problem in text messages shown in the game before any mods installed. That's because some xml files had some funny characters probably because they don't understand some letters from German, French or Italian.
As I remember this, I look at the xml files in BULL folders and fixed a bug. But I'm still having the problem.

How can I solve this bug?

Attachments

• bull bug.png
    bull bug.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 357
The only thing that I can think of is that BULL is missing a pointer to some graphics files. That's usually why you see pink in the game. It usually means that the game can't find the needed graphics that the XML is pointing to.

One of two things is happening:

1. The BULL install/merge left out a graphics file for ACO
2. You have non standard characters in your Windows user name and BULL can't deal with it.

I'm not sure how Steam handles it's Custom Assets issues, as I don't have Civ4 for Steam, but check that all of the graphics files were copied over for the BULL install.

Top Bottom