C2C freezes at EoT

psoliver92

Chieftain
Hi,

First here are my computer specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8168MB RAM

I've encountered an issue with C2C that I haven't been able to solve by googling (not for lack of trying). At the moment I am loading the game from autosaves that I have set to be made every turn but I can't progress past the latest autosave. I still save to a normal save file, which is currently on the same turn as the latest autosave but after the new city production has been selected.

For some reason, at the end of turn when I press enter the game just freezes permanently. I've left the game for long periods of time and it is still doing the same. I've been playing the mod since December 2013 and it has been fine until yesterday when I tried to load it up again after not playing for 3 days.

In those 3 days, I installed Python 2.7.8 64bit, numpy 64bit and PIL 64bit if that matters.
I had Python 2.6.5 installed at the same time too, but have since installed it to see if that improved things (after I had updated to C2C v34).

Today I updated to C2C v34, with still no luck. When asked to recalculate the same thing occurs even after being left for a long period of time. The turn progresses normally if I don't recalculate in v34 but still crashes when I try to recalculate once prompted to press enter to end turn/when I do try to progress to the next turn.

I hope this is everything useful. Thanks in advance!

Updating didn't work and I tried uploading the save two days ago to the main thread but I get a security token error everytime I try. I contacted an administrator but haven't heard back yet.

Updating didn't work and I tried uploading the save two days ago to the main thread but I get a security token error everytime I try. I contacted an administrator but haven't heard back yet.

You have to have a minimum number of posts and/or days as a forum member before you can use the Manage Attachment section.

When you have the requirements, .zip, .rar, and .7z are the allowed compression progs to use to upload a save bigger than 2MB.

Also if your version still uses Custom Civs there could be problems there.

JosEPh

I've encountered something like this; a giveaway if it's the same problem I had is that all the city bars will be gone, like the game is stuck at the end of a combat sequence.

Quick workaround: hit F1 (it should still bring up the list of your cities) and then bring up the screen for one of your cities. Back out again (you don't have to do anything in there) and the game should continue.

I've encountered something like this; a giveaway if it's the same problem I had is that all the city bars will be gone, like the game is stuck at the end of a combat sequence.

Quick workaround: hit F1 (it should still bring up the list of your cities) and then bring up the screen for one of your cities. Back out again (you don't have to do anything in there) and the game should continue.

That COULD be the result of the buggy stack attack option.

That COULD be the result of the buggy stack attack option.

If the "stack" attack is such a problem and no "modder" rally cares, can we at least stop this from being an option?? I have never ever used it anyways.

It's a problem yes but DH uses it and has figured out how to work with its idiosyncrasies. I'll fix it up eventually once combat stuff is otherwise complete. Otherwise it's a headache to keep copying with great care every adjustment to both sections.

I'm talking about the combat resolution portion of the dll that is copied over and reused with some specific edits to account for stack attack processing.

You have to have a minimum number of posts and/or days as a forum member before you can use the Manage Attachment section.

When you have the requirements, .zip, .rar, and .7z are the allowed compression progs to use to upload a save bigger than 2MB.

Also if your version still uses Custom Civs there could be problems there.

JosEPh

Thanks for this, I have now managed to upload the saves to the main thread.

Top Bottom