[C4W SDK MOD] Blacksun60's Terraforming Mod

swan

CivFanatics.ru TEAM
Blacksun60's Terraforming Mod
Compatible with Civ4: Warlords (civ version 2.00)

Description:
1. New worker's function: "Plant Forest"
2. New worker's "Terraforming" function
3. AI also use "Plant Forest" and "Terraforming" functions
4. Changes max limit on number of civilizations on the map from 18 to 50

Terraforming phases:
Ice -> Tundra -> Plains -> Grassland
Desert -> Plains -> Grassland

Download here

Обсуждение на русском (Thread on russian on civfanatics.ru) - http://forum.civfanatics.ru/index.php?showtopic=3881

Just a quick question though, the SDK files show a bunch of warlords stuff. Does this work if those enteries are removed and compiled for civ iv vanilla?
Yes. "Terraforming" and "plant forest" functions possible to compile for vanilla
mod with this functions for vanilla 1.61 - http://blacksun.civfanatics.ru/dwn.php?get=AI_FOREST_TERAFORM.rar

max limit on number of civilizations more than 18 not supported in vanilla :(

One clue could be that it is over an year old update on this file :p.

Well, actually Blacksun updated this mod for 208 (download) and BtS (download).

Try 208 version, probably it works for 213 either.

PS. And I would recommend ViSa Modpack. It has a bunch of terraforming options.

Thanks!
Although I found Caesium mod, which has all terraforming, and more ;-)
Mod for 208 does not work with 213, but I will try for BTS, since I didn't do that already.

I like this mod, i used to use it in warlords. It says its been updated for BTS but... I have used it now up to rifleing and I still cant plant trees. I dont remember in warlords what tech the mod gave the plant tree option. Anyone know if this works, or failing that know of another mod that can plant trees?

Well if it was paper then it doesnt work :( Need to contact the mod maker i guess. Eh then there is the slight problem that I dont know russian...

Edit: I downloaded it direct from the site, had to figure out how to understand russian first, and it still doesnt work. I sent an email to the site email adress... At least I think thats what it was. But its in english so if he cant read it well.... I dont know I guess I will need a new tree planting mod.

Second Edit: The problem of no trees stems from the fact that the XML has all the worker commands

<Build>
<BuildType>BUILD_TERAFORM</BuildType>
<bBuild>1</bBuild>
</Build>

Thats under unit infos, it has them for roads and such, but it has none for forest. So I went and looked in the file from warlords and found this

<Build>
<BuildType>BUILD_FEATURE_FOREST</BuildType>
<bBuild>1</bBuild>
</Build>

So you see, this was removed, but the question is why. If I knew why, as well as what other changes to other files the plant forest mod made I could just add in the missing text - maybe, but as i dont know how to make a mod or where all the components of the build_feature_forest are, I cant actully fix it myself :(

Glazedhammy, unfortuntely there is no forest replanting feature in bts version yet. Just terraforming. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Well thats alright. My old warlords playstyle was to have all trees and roads on grasslands. That only leads to my death in BTS. I did make it with 8 cities to about 1600 with some new ideas but then i lost when hannible sp* got a diplomatic victory. My mostly christian world plan backfired. But eventully trees would be nice.

Top Bottom