Cannot Locate the CD-ROM / Please Insert the Correct CD-ROM

I too get the same message but I get it after many sucsessful playings of CIV4...

I shut down the game two days ago after saving mid game and have not been able to start CIV since then... I get that darn message I try to start and have no idea why....

I could understand if I had changed settings, or installed new programs, but I tried restarting after just a few minutes and got this message....

No, I don't have any programs like Alc 120% or anything like that...

Help!

Same issue here. This is just wrong I bought Civ this week and I know that returning software is impossible. It looks like the problem is yet to have a cure. I just feel so hopeless...

Fixed thru the amazing uses of normal things.

I restarted and ran a Virus scan a zipped folder scan and a deframent and amazingly it worked. Don't know what I really did to fix it but maybe this may just help everyone frustrated with this bug.

Moderator Action: Just a reminder, folks - discussion of piracy (including "how-to", recommendations to do so, and admitting that you have) is not allowed on this forum.

Hey guys i just got a copy, I do not have a DLA, Please tell me what to do,.... my game verion is the base 1.0 version and upgrading to 1.64 also does not work. I have a Windows Vista and i have put the compatibility to Win XP SP2.... I have a DVD edition of the game

Help WHat to i do????

I have a different problem that's still kinda related I think. I just got a new computer and it's quite a good computer or so I'm told. It'll run some games perfectly (Rome: Total War, Rise and Fall, CNC3) but some games it won't recognise the disc at all, so I can't even install it, (Civ 4). Any suggestions?

I have a different problem that's still kinda related I think. I just got a new computer and it's quite a good computer or so I'm told. It'll run some games perfectly (Rome: Total War, Rise and Fall, CNC3) but some games it won't recognise the disc at all, so I can't even install it, (Civ 4). Any suggestions?

I dunno. We put in another dic drive to my computer from my old computer which played everything fine, but for some reason my computer didn't like it and so it didn't work. It doesn't seem to think that there is anything in the drive. When I click the Disc Drive thing in My Computer it ejects my disc drive and says please insert a disc, which gets rly annoying after a while lol. And thx btw.

Thank you guys
I have CIV IV complete dvd edition which I got for christmas and I got the old cannot locate cd-rom screen.
I was going to take it back but Zavvi have gone bust so I thought I would persevere.

I tried tech support from 2K USA, who responded with run in NT4 compatability mode which did not work, as well as the 2K europe tech support who never responded.

Anyways I had to uninstall sonic DLA and Vitual Drive 11.4 and now it works

thanks for the help and advicein this thread

PentaPenguin

Top Bottom