Can't clear select city production prompt

This is a known bug. Only workaround is to load a prior save and select city production before trading it.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing thread in Bug Reports .

Hi all,
Here is what happened so it is easier for the developers to debug this.
I had declared war on Washington, and after he surrendered, he gave me one of his cities as part of the peace treaty. A dialogue shows up on the bottom left to produce something for Boston, but I give the city back to Washington as it is a bad city (no lux, river, mountain, etc.) and the choose production popup wont leave and is preventing me from advancing to the next turn.

I have attached the save to this thread if anyone is curious.
also note, I only have one mod running in the form of a dlc:
enhanced UI - Here

I do not thing that this issue came from the mod as it is just a UI mod, and this issue seems to be more like a coding issue with the way the game handles the functions...

I am willing to answer any questions related to this bug, if it means helping people solve the problem.
If you wish to contact me personally about this issue for some reason, here is my steam profile:
Here
-Ryder

Attachments

• Bugged_Save.Civ5Save
    761.3 KB · Views: 265
This is an old bug. No way to fix it after the fact. Only "fix" is to load an autosave from before the peace treaty, select production for the conquered city before doing the peace treaty (doesn't matter what you pick -- anything will do), and then do the peace treaty.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing bug report thread

I'll just add in then that this can be fixed in a relatively straightforward manner with a DLL mod. In fact, if the DLL mod in question only includes this fix, it's savegame compatible with the unmodded game. Go into Notifications.cpp and find CvNotifications::IsNotificationExpired(), then look for case case NOTIFICATION_PRODUCTION in its main switch section. Add the following four lines of code somewhere after pCity is declared and defined:
Code:
if(pCity->getOwner() != m_ePlayer)
{
	return true;
}

Long story short, I have been giving all of my access cities to Spain after I capture them from my enemies (I want atleast one person to like me). The same turn I captured Orleans I gave it Spain. And here is the kicker! It still wants me to choose a building in Orleans when it is no longer my control. I cannot end my turn until I pick something and I cannot pick something because it is no longer my city. My tool tip is saying "Orleans is ready for a new construction project."

I am on a mac and I don't have any autosaves... (I know, I am an idiot)

I tried
1. Moving all units
2. Trading with Spain (salt for wine)
3. pressing "."
4. pressing enter+shift, enter+shift+fn, control+enter....
5. trading back the city for some of my capitals (shouldn't take the trades)
6. Declaring war on her.

somebody please help me. I just want to finish this game!

Moderator Action: This is a known bug for which the only solution is to reload from an earlier auto save and select something to produce before trading away the city. Threads merged.

If anyone is reading this thread at this point, you can fix this problem with IGE. If you know what city it is causing the problem, go into IGE, select the city and use the Capture function and choose production for the city. You can then either switch to the other leader and capture it for them, or trade it back to them normally.

Last edited:
Hello.

I annexed a city, Lodz, from Poland, then immediately, on the same turn, gifted it back to the player. This caused the game to get stuck at the Choose Production phase. I can't produce from Lodz because I no longer own it, but the game insists on forcing me to produce. Clicking on the button does nothing. I'm unable to proceed to Next Turn.

Help! Welp!

Attachments

• Alexander_0411 AD-1991.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 175
This is an old bug. The only known solution is to revert to the most recent save or autosave from before taking the city and make sure you select production for the captured city before trading it away.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing Bug Report thread.

Top Bottom