can't seem to get the mods to work right

00konichiwa00

Prince
I extract the file and put the folder under bts/mods, but when I load them they don't seem to be anything different from a normal bts game.

I run it in windows 7 and I have the civ 4 complete (electronic) version installed. I also have the game on dvd (with expansions), does the game run better with mods if I use the dvd instead? I bought the electronic version from gamersgate (if that might make a difference) I have used mods before without any problems. I double checked that I have the 3.19 patch installed. and I am sure I put the mods correct. there is no error messages saying the mods doesn't load properly

There are two mods folders, one in Documents, where your saves are, the other in Applications where the mods that come with the game are. Many mods won't work unless they are in the Applications mod folder. Another possibility is that the electronic version is somewhere else on the drive. In which case you need to put the mods in that location's mod folder. I don't know about gamersgate but this is true for Steam.

Try clicking on your BTS shortcut on the desktop, going to properties, compatibility, change settings for all users(you need the admin password) and clicking on "Run as an administrator" You have to type in the password before you play, and the saves will go to the admin's documents, but some mods(ROM-AND) need this. I don't know about those ones. If that doesn't work, try re-downloading.

Try clicking on your BTS shortcut on the desktop, going to properties, compatibility, change settings for all users(you need the admin password) and clicking on "Run as an administrator" You have to type in the password before you play, and the saves will go to the admin's documents, but some mods(ROM-AND) need this. I don't know about those ones. If that doesn't work, try re-downloading.

when I clicked on properities I saw that administrator and everybody else is allowed to use it

Yes, but try setting it to run as an administrator.

it didn't work. the mod are way to quick to load. I loaded RFC beta12, because I would know for sure immedetely whether it got loaded or not.
I have no clue what is wrong. but thanks for the tip

Top Bottom