Caravan limits....

david1806

Warlord
The Civilopedia tells me "you only have a limited number of Trade Routes at any time. Researching certain technologies increases the number....." WHICH ONES?!! :crazyeye: I have just painstakingly gone through all the techs and cannot see which ones. I only have two available at the moment....bit lame, really....

If you look at the techs in game they'll have a little symbol in the tech tree. I think Sailing, Engineering, and Compass are the "earliest" techs that increase the trade routes available off-hand.

which is a pain because you have to hover the mouse over the stars in the tree to see what is actually being improved, and who has time for that?

Sailing, Husbandry, Engineering, Banking, Compass, Biology, Penicillin

I think that's it? Two more with Petra and Colossus.

Extra range at Refrigeration, Compass, and Combustion.

You forgot Railroad -- techs unlock 8 trade routes, plus the ones from Petra and Colossus.

which is a pain because you have to hover the mouse over the stars in the tree to see what is actually being improved, and who has time for that?

I think you are joking, but it does seem odd that they would not come up with a new icon for it. Most of those are generic one-time or civ-specific buffs. But the extra trade route is in 8 places! Doesn't it deserve its own symbol?

You could use enhanced user-interface, it can change all the star symbols in the tech-tree to ones representing what they actually affect.

I think you are joking, but it does seem odd that they would not come up with a new icon for it. Most of those are generic one-time or civ-specific buffs. But the extra trade route is in 8 places! Doesn't it deserve its own symbol?

After a few games you'll just remember what they are and when you're getting close to them.

Top Bottom