Challenge VII-05

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we are running a series of ten games called the Hall of Fame Challenge Series. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings of one of the games will be counted towards the Challenge.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Cultural (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Emperor
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Highlands
  • Speed: Quick
  • Required: No Tribal Villages, No Random Events
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
  • Civ: Native America (Sitting Bull)
  • Opponents: Must include Aztec (Montezuma), Babylon (Hammurabi), Celt (Brennus), France (Napoleon), Greece (Alexander), Khmer (Suryavarman), Mongolia (Genghis Khan), Rome (Julius Caesar), Viking (Ragnar Lodbrok), Zulu (Shaka)
  • Version: 3.19.003
  • Date: 7th February to 7th June 2012
Must not play as Inca.
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.

Hmmm looks like a Culture game on :hammers: (Wonders) rather than cottages here :)

Hmmm looks like a Culture game on :hammers: (Wonders) rather than cottages here :)

Wonders are dangerous though since they cut into artist GPP...unless you build culture wonders of course.

Cottages might still win out, with a semi-lucky start.

Wonders are dangerous though since they cut into artist GPP...unless you build culture wonders of course.

Cottages might still win out, with a semi-lucky start.

In hammer culture games you build non-artist wonders in 1 city, and artist wonders in a second then normal GP farms in rest, you have cottages but often not many. Suits Highlands with the hills over flatlands, and with the warmongers it makes wonders much easier to get. Just have to keep everyone warring each other so your safe :p

1665ad
Avoiding the dogpile is the biggest challenge on this one. My 50 longbows were nervously defending my 6 cities, and I was lucky enough to be in a corner, but I was DoWed many times, by about half of the 10 AI.

GP farms are hard to come by, so you won't get the 12-14 GA's that normally are required for a competitive Culture finish.

My Artists were split: 0, 3, 6. I popped a 10th the turn before, but he was not required, as all 3 only just made it to legendary on the same turn.

Top Bottom