Challenge-VIII-06

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we are running a series of ten games called the Hall of Fame Challenge Series. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings of one of the games will be counted towards the Challenge.

(*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Time (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Emperor
  • Starting Era: Industrial
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Terra
  • Speed: Quick
  • Required: No Tribal Villages, No Random Events
  • Must Not Be Checked: No Barbarians
  • Civ: America
  • Opponents: Must include Byzantium (Justinian), England (Victoria), Holy Roman Empire (Charlemange), Mongolia (Genghis Khan), Ottoman (Suleiman), Persia (Cyrus), Portugal (Joao), Rome (Augustus Caesar), Russia (Catherine)
  • Version: 3.19.003
  • Date: 8th June to 8th October 2012
The highest score wins.

Oh my!
I just look bcool's game to see what made him so frustrated from that game...and wow.
~100 cities. Crap, time victories are completely awful and time investing. Definitely played last...if I find courage to do it as my time dwindled quite a bit compared to my arrival time on CivFanatics.

That would be my very first time victory ever. :nuke:

Oh my!
I just look bcool's game to see what made him so frustrated from that game...and wow.
~100 cities. Crap, time victories are completely awful and time investing. Definitely played last...if I find courage to do it as my time dwindled quite a bit compared to my arrival time on CivFanatics.

That would be my very first time victory ever. :nuke:

oftentimes time victory can start to be very exciting...if you for example take Mansa Musa as peace vassal with his obligate strategy... luckily no mansa this game though :)

oftentimes time victory can start to be very exciting...if you for example take Mansa Musa as peace vassal with his obligate strategy... luckily no mansa this game though :)

Well, having a vassal means you can't break the vassal pact and you automatically lose lands that could be settled by the player for more points (obviously time victory is only differentiated by score). And if one is so close to domination, that Mansa may screw the whole game by settling an unwanted city in the new world. And nothing stops the vassal doing so. And even if one gave him cereal mills corp, you only gain half of his pop points...then necessaril why not settling your own city instead.

Honestly, I do not see any joy to take this challenger...but I have to in order to complete the set of games and get my 108~110 points.

Backing down on 110 points already??? :lol:

No, there is a really slow game ongoing. Now I'm at a stage of 5 turns a day. Yuck. 13 days to go...:sad:

I don't think I'm going to beat bcool's game although my start went faster.
That guy is nth super maso mode.

:run:

This game sucks so hard. Never I had a not-so-fun moment as in this moment.

60 turns to go. Eternal masochistic and sadistic torture of hell...

Vranasm
has no idea of what is a time game...like a 100 cities game where you tiptoe between loss and just under dom limit. Sweat drops roll along the body curves, make a mistake and badass' time! The computer is no more and windowed. He doesn't like 30 cities game...I don't like >80 cities game where I have to restraint my culture to avoid dom vic or stunt AI's to win.

47 turns to go. Damn, it's eterrrrrnnniiiiiityyyyyyy to finish it.

My corps are generating 24 :food: and 31 :hammers: now. I can have as much cities as bcool's and since I did burn a single GPeople on GA, then I will have more GPeople for Future techs bulbs. Shame I got 2 GSpy's with nothing to do with them.

If I don't do the idiot, but will do one manner or another way, I may surpass his score.

Finished the horror. Got ~33k points, thus ~5k points over bcool.
Played in less time, more cities (125 and RNG screwed then 124 cities), more corp food (+24 :food:), more AI culture used for cities behaved virtally like islands, etc.

This was my very first attempt on a time victory ever. Made the mistake of going Cereal Mills first instead of Sushi which was marginally better in the end (+12 :food:) so most of my cities were still growing on the last turn. Also, I stopped at 60+ cities because it was just too much of a hustle. Still, interesting setting :)

And congrats to Tachy and Bcool for the 100+ citites :eek:

Top Bottom