Challenge-XIX-08

50 tries later..

500AD with these settings on Deity is just too hard. :sad:

Wonders and good rushes slip through fingers.
700AD or 800AD is probably as good as it gets with Elizabeth and so many religious civs hogging Oracle.

As for what map to use, I got a lot of good results with Massive Continents, Icy climate, and medium seas.
Icy Climate really shrinks the belt of jungle in the middle while keeping all the forests in the temperate zones.
Medium seas + Massive continents makes a good sized Egg shaped continent to exploit.

I managed to get a victory in 1774, obviously not a great date but I'm happy since it's my first ancient, non-Incan victory on Deity :). The leader picks helped a lot since I only had about one musket per city at the end so if anyone had attacked I would've instantly died. It was funny too since I started on the same land as Justinian and a UN Free Religion civic change had forced me to cautious about ten turns from the end. I also had diplo problems with Mansa and Mehmed, I'm thinking I was lucky neither of them attacked me but I guess they were at least somewhat distracted by other civs.

And then Asoka was teching fast, I think he could research Fission in ~1200 AD (I think that's fast but maybe normal for Deity) but he stopped to go for culture. My very last Great Artist managed to put me ahead and I think I only won by ~20 turns :lol:.

I only had 2 religions so I tried to go for Divine Right, Pacal beat me by 3 turns, this caused me to lose the Liberalism race to Justinian and then I had to tech Nationalism. Perhaps running with 2 religions and winning Liberalism would've been better.

I think this game used all of my luck for a while, I'll just have to finish wiping the sweat off and play some Settler games :lol:.

Top Bottom