Checking in after a decade - later game experience?

The AI doesn't know how to benefit much from the combat mods like surround and destroy, and it doesn't even do very well at all with size matters alone. However, without size matters, I highly doubt this strategy would work. On larger maps, with multiple continents, it's not going to be of much use either. Rushing conquest on a pangaea map, I'm not that impressed, it's perfectly doable on base Civ as well.

What I really wish for is a late(r) eras scenario. Renaissance or later.
Suicide-rush-overwhelm is rather easy if you have enough production to get it moving.
Not even so much about technology - you can overwhelm even with way lesser units, if you can build them in droves to begin with.
Of course, that's for Ultrafast, not for Eternity, lol.
But, yeah, in Ultrafast you probably could win with Spiked Clubmen already - just attack with 20 at once, so you slowly chip down the much stronger unit without giving it the chance to heal.
And that's without any Combat Mods, lol.

I don’t know but upgraded stone Macemen kill tribal guardian especially with surround and destroy. Even spiked clubmen do a formidable job
I take it back.
I now literally can wipe Tribal Guardians with a single Spiked Clubman General (Str 6 due to Might, plus some Str+ bonuses) with the right updates.
While it took me a long while to get a General (sending tons of Stone Throwers walking around hunting, which is a win-win), the result is immediately massive.
Yeah.

The AI doesn't know how to benefit much from the combat mods like surround and destroy, and it doesn't even do very well at all with size matters alone. However, without size matters, I highly doubt this strategy would work. On larger maps, with multiple continents, it's not going to be of much use either. Rushing conquest on a pangaea map, I'm not that impressed, it's perfectly doable on base Civ as well.

What I really wish for is a late(r) eras scenario. Renaissance or later.
Here is my Save game.

Go ahead and download it. I managed to conquer the whole continent with 3-4 spiked clubmen that have many promotions. Promotions are OP and turn units into superheroes

Attachments

• SpikedClubmenBukake.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
Early rush strategy has worked since civIV vanilla with Incans. The thing that keeps it from being overly effective is a larger map that keeps it from being possible - other continents and such. At a point it backfires somewhat with the investment dedication putting you behind other continents. If everyone is on one continent, yes, it can win and there are numerous variations on how to make it work. There are hopefully some AI improvements that can eventually make it not so fool-proof even on smaller maps depending on which leaders you face. Also, it can already depend on which leaders one faces.

Top Bottom