Chislev Module

Never mind about the several sea totems, it was actually the totem's relocation. But I still don't receive all the replica totems I should get.

honestly I don't know.
+1c will not be enough to force everything to plains : you'll need the grasslands to bring you food... but maybe the jungle +totem would be worth it. ; frost/tundra will not be worth it.

the real question is : is +1c for plains balanced with losing +1F on water tiles...? I think it's not worth it : 1C = 1/2F or even less.

Hm, okay. Well I'll brainstorm on that some and post when I have some more thoughts.

before entering in a repetable CtD I noticed too that having replica totem of Bear / Tortoise / Eagle and Coyote in capital did not give any bonus to units built in cities : I did not get the "4" bonus (as should be expected), but neither did I get the bonus related to the totem of the tribe the unit was born with.
example a Bear tribe unit "only" got the combat 1. It did not get "strong" as would have happened if built in the Bear Totem Main city.

Does this happen to you with all tribal and religious totems, or just some of them?

Never mind about the several sea totems, it was actually the totem's relocation. But I still don't receive all the replica totems I should get.

I think I know the issue. The Totem of the Sea (and its replica totems) can only be built on coastal cities (I'm pretty sure, since <bWater> = 1). Should I remove that restriction? If not, I'll make that more clear in the Pedia.

It's not about coastal cities, since several cities which didn't receive a replica totem while they should have were coastal.

Does this happen to you with all tribal and religious totems, or just some of them?
I don't know...
I'll try if I manage to debug my game.
from memory, I didn't notice any adept gaining the Leaves / RoK spells upon going mage unless they were built specifically in the main totem city.
further, I did not build any units in "replica totem cities" after I built the Bear&Tortoise Totems... because I thought I would only earn strong/Magicresistance...etc in Main totem city.
I tried to build units in replica totem cities only after our discussion... and only had the possibility of doing 1 Corporate Smith ... (which is not even a combat unit) : he got bear tribe, combat 1... and no strong promotion.
then my game crashed.

re totems : I did not notice much but it seems replica totems sometimes disappear: it was noticeable for Jungle Totem : sometimes the cities with replica totems lost the boost on jungle... and I checked and replica totem disappeared. but that was before I terraformed everything into plains.

For the other totems, it wouldn't be noticeable if the replica totem left... so you'd have to manually check every city every turn.

Well, that's definitely an issue. I wonder if there's a bug in how the main totem check works.

I'm awaiting some changes that black_imperator needs to make in a new version, then I'm hoping I can do some testing after I implement my changes.

As for your smith not getting the Strong promotion - that makes sense. Strong will only apply to combat units.

As for your smith not getting the Strong promotion - that makes sense. Strong will only apply to combat units.
ok, if I find some play time (now that vacation is over) I'll load a few turns back and try to build a few combat units in my capitol

A random comment: is it intended that you can start a game with the Council or the tribal leaders? Shouldn't they be locked and available only through the tribal council civic?

A random comment: is it intended that you can start a game with the Council or the tribal leaders? Shouldn't they be locked and available only through the tribal council civic?

Are you seeing the tribal leaders? I'm not. But yes, you should see the Council... but the Council very much needs testing and balancing.

ok, if I find some play time (now that vacation is over) I'll load a few turns back and try to build a few combat units in my capitol

Thanks!

Finally had the chance to play the Chislev as this new module. (Previously I had them as an AI opponent and thought they added some nice flavor.) A lot of interesting stuff, really enjoyed it.

I did find the Totems a little confusing at first, specifically that after building a National Wonder the same building showed up as available in a different city. After reading the 'pedia "Chislev+" entry I understood, but i wonder how well the AI handles it: is an AI-controlled Chislev constantly building the same Totem in different cities because it shows up as buildable? That would be a bit of a problem, I think.

Finally had the chance to play the Chislev as this new module. (Previously I had them as an AI opponent and thought they added some nice flavor.) A lot of interesting stuff, really enjoyed it.

I did find the Totems a little confusing at first, specifically that after building a National Wonder the same building showed up as available in a different city. After reading the 'pedia "Chislev+" entry I understood, but i wonder how well the AI handles it: is an AI-controlled Chislev constantly building the same Totem in different cities because it shows up as buildable? That would be a bit of a problem, I think.

That's actually a really good question. When I have time to go through a round of testing I'll set up all of my enemies to be Chislev, and then I'll pop into World Builder occasionally to check.

Yeah, the totem system would definitely be confusing without reading the Pedia about it. Maybe I should point out the totem concept in the totem building pages themselves. People probably don't check the concept page regularly.

Top Bottom