Civ 4 crashing during start up

MaxMaster007

Chieftain
I have been playing civ 4 and the expansions on the same computer for over 12 months, then suddenly it just stops loading. When you press play and it start to install audio, xml etc, the whole computer crashes, a blue screen comes up with white writing on it, but it disappears before I can read it, the whole computer re-boots and then says it has recovered from a serious error and sends a report to microsoft.
I have re-installed xp sp 3 everything patched & updated, and civ 4, but the problem persists.
This is my favourite game & I would appreciate any help,

Error logs below

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 8AE00000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : B7142E44 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\ROSS~1.YOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb79c.dir00\Mini061209-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ROSS~1.YOU\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERb79c.dir00\sysdata.xml

Consider BIOS upgrade

Microsoft is unable to determine the exact cause of this error. However, this problem was most likely caused by an error in your computer’s random access memory (RAM). RAM is the main internal storage area the computer uses to run programs and store data.

During the crash analysis, we noticed the basic input/output system (BIOS) version on this computer does not match the specifications for the central processing unit (CPU), also known as a processor, that is installed on your computer. This can occur when a newer processor is installed on an older system board or older BIOS. Using a BIOS that does not support the installed processor can result in Windows system crashes. Contact your computer manufacturer or motherboard manufacturer for an updated version of BIOS for your computer's processor.

How do I find my computer manufacturer?

Click Start, click Run, type msinfo32, and then click OK. Your computer manufacturer is listed as the System Manufacturer in the right pane of the System Information window.

Click to go online to see contact information for most computer manufacturers

Additional information

Note

Upgrading the BIOS version may require moderate to advanced troubleshooting skills. If you are uncomfortable with performing these steps, you might want to consider consulting with paid technical support.

If your computer contains an Intel desktop board, click the following link to go online for more information:

Intel desktop board BIOS update instructions

List of BIOS Manufacturers

For a list of BIOS manufacturer websites, see the following two Knowledge Base articles on the Microsoft Support website:

See the article 243909 for a list of BIOS manufacturer websites Part 1 (A-Pi)

See the article 243971 for a list of BIOS manufacturer websites Part 2 (Pr-Z)

[1212.062] DBG: CIV Init
[1212.062] VERSION: App: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Civilization4.exe
[1212.062] VERSION: Build: Thu Mar 30 08:49:29 2006
[1212.062] VERSION: 1.6.1.1841 (45604)
[1212.390] VERSION: Mod Loaded: none
[1212.609] DBG: FILE Cat Init
[1216.234] DBG: NOT Using XML cache, failed to find crc.dat file
[1216.265] DBG: Game Init
[1216.265] DBG: Multiplayer Init BEGIN
[1216.406] DBG: Multiplayer Init END
[1216.421] DBG: Audio Init
[1217.312] DBG: ArtFileMgr Init
[1217.328] DBG: Python Init

Welcome to Civfanatics :band:

please open the windows event manager and post any errors (the ones marked in red are errors, those in yellow are warnings) that occurred around the time of the crash.

Open a run command and type in:
eventvwr.msc click [OK] you will get the Event viewer control Panel.
click on each of these:
Application
System
Security
Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red (X) or Yellow
exclamation mark /!\ , double click each one to get more info about the
causer.
On the Event error properties message you will see:
Up Arrow
Down arrow
Two pages
Click on the two pages to copy the error message then bring up the Notepad
you opened earlier and right click on the first line and select Paste from
the list, this will paste the error message on a Notepad.
Please don't duplicate the error message one of each kind will be sufficient.
HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427/en-us

Top Bottom