Civ 4 Earth giant map

pablo556

Chieftain
Hi there guys. I have a question i download a giant earth map that i love, but i cant make it work with more than 18 civs. No matter wich ddll i use it just crash i will show you the map. If i use it on The mod Giant earht map it works but i want to works with the bts options.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Earth18AncientAgeCivs.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • Earth18EarlyModernAgeCivs.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • Earth18MiddleAgeCivs.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • Earth18ModernAgeCivs.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

f1rpo

plastics
Have you edited the WBSaves at all in order to add civs? Each additional civ needs to have its own team and player description, something like:
Spoiler :
Code:
BeginTeam
	TeamID=18
	Tech=TECH_THE_WHEEL
	Tech=TECH_AGRICULTURE
EndTeam

BeginPlayer
	Team=18
	LeaderType=LEADER_LINCOLN
	CivType=CIVILIZATION_AMERICA
	StartingX=73, StartingY=18
EndPlayer
Not sure how tolerant the parser is, i.e. which of the other fields are required. Probably best to copy one of the existing descriptions as a starting point. If you've already tried that, then the problem could be that you're missing descriptions for players and teams that the DLL allows to exist but that are not actually part of the scenario. A WBSave for e.g. a 32-civ DLL needs to have team descriptions from ID 0 to 31 and corresponding player descriptions, LEADER_NONE and CIVILIZATION_NONE for those that aren't supposed to be used. Here's an example of a 26-civ Giant Earth version that gets used with a 50-civ DLL (Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn 2 mod). A text search for 27 (first unused team ID) gets to the interesting parts fast.

pablo556

Chieftain
Hey thanks for answering. Yeah i have tried that and it keeps crashing. And i have opened a regular game withmore than 18 civs and works fine, so the changes on the DLL file works, what i dont know is why isnt working on the maps.

f1rpo

plastics
Would you upload your modified scenario with more than 18 civs? The one I tried from your opening post works for me with the original game and obviously won't work with a DLL that raises the civ limit.

pablo556

Chieftain
Would you upload your modified scenario with more than 18 civs? The one I tried from your opening post works for me with the original game and obviously won't work with a DLL that raises the civ limit.
Yes i try but it shut me down civ every time. I will explain you what i did. I just go and put more civs with the correspndimg teams and techs and the starting locations, then use a dll that allow you to play with more than 18 and each time i charge the scenario the game crash

f1rpo

plastics
If I add one playable team and player to the Ancient version and 15 empty teams and players – as previously discussed – and also add starting units for the added team ...
Spoiler :
(6 tiles N of Gilgamesh)
Code:
BeginPlot
	x=52,y=54
	FeatureType=FEATURE_FOREST, FeatureVariety=1
	TerrainType=TERRAIN_TUNDRA
	PlotType=0
	BeginUnit
		UnitType=UNIT_WARRIOR, UnitOwner=18
		Damage=0
		Level=1, Experience=0
		FacingDirection=4
		UnitAIType=UNITAI_ATTACK
	EndUnit
EndPlot
BeginPlot
	x=52,y=55
	RiverNSDirection=0
	isNOfRiver
	RiverWEDirection=1
	isWOfRiver
	TerrainType=TERRAIN_PLAINS
	PlotType=2
	BeginUnit
		UnitType=UNIT_SETTLER, UnitOwner=18
		Damage=0
		Level=0, Experience=0
		FacingDirection=4
		UnitAIType=UNITAI_SETTLE
	EndUnit
EndPlot
... then I'm able to launch the scenario using this 34-civ DLL without any apparent problem. I guess the StartingX/Y is ignored when there are (any) unit descriptions. I'm attaching my edited version.

Attachments

• Earth18AncientAgeCivs_plus1.zip
    78 KB · Views: 4

pablo556

Chieftain
If I add one playable team and player to the Ancient version and 15 empty teams and players – as previously discussed – and also add starting units for the added team ...
Spoiler :
(6 tiles N of Gilgamesh)
Code:
BeginPlot
    x=52,y=54
    FeatureType=FEATURE_FOREST, FeatureVariety=1
    TerrainType=TERRAIN_TUNDRA
    PlotType=0
    BeginUnit
        UnitType=UNIT_WARRIOR, UnitOwner=18
        Damage=0
        Level=1, Experience=0
        FacingDirection=4
        UnitAIType=UNITAI_ATTACK
    EndUnit
EndPlot
BeginPlot
    x=52,y=55
    RiverNSDirection=0
    isNOfRiver
    RiverWEDirection=1
    isWOfRiver
    TerrainType=TERRAIN_PLAINS
    PlotType=2
    BeginUnit
        UnitType=UNIT_SETTLER, UnitOwner=18
        Damage=0
        Level=0, Experience=0
        FacingDirection=4
        UnitAIType=UNITAI_SETTLE
    EndUnit
EndPlot
... then I'm able to launch the scenario using this 34-civ DLL without any apparent problem. I guess the StartingX/Y is ignored when there are (any) unit descriptions. I'm attaching my edited version.
Man i think you made it, im testing it now but iu love you so much!! Me and my cousing we are gonna use this for hours thank you very much!!

Top Bottom