civ stops working at same turn every reload

lord donkeysnot

Chieftain
Hi
Just got a new laptop ands started playing this. When I get close to AD the game wont progress past one turn, always crashes and says civ stoped working. I know this is vague. I'm playing large europe map. I can attach the save file for the turn before if that helps. I just want to know if there is anything that is a known issue I should be dealing with

Attach a save, that would be great.

Please note, however, that it may be a problem that your laptop is simply not powerful enough to run this REALLY intensive mod! It struggles with my desktop computer!! But it is an old desktop, so you might be lucky and be able to play RoM on a desktop.

Note: What mod-components are you running? (Someone else can tell you how to get them, as I don't know) Also, what are you DCM options? (Push CTRL-ALT-O to see, and change them)

Heres the file, I'd appriciate it if anyone can have a look and see if it wirks past the next turn.

My laptop is 3 days old, a samsung i5 520, 4gb ram, 1gb video card. Which leads to the next strange issue. When I first installed civ4 it told me it would have to run on lower graphics settings. Which I find....strange. Because my i7 home computer did the same. Now I dont even know what graphics card that has but it was a cheapie as that PC is for music production. Point is the previous computer I built in 2003 never had these issues.

Attachments

• Brennus BC-0013.CivBeyondSwordSave
    730 KB · Views: 52
Heres the file, I'd appriciate it if anyone can have a look and see if it wirks past the next turn.

My laptop is 3 days old, a samsung i5 520, 4gb ram, 1gb video card. Which leads to the next strange issue. When I first installed civ4 it told me it would have to run on lower graphics settings. Which I find....strange. Because my i7 home computer did the same. Now I dont even know what graphics card that has but it was a cheapie as that PC is for music production. Point is the previous computer I built in 2003 never had these issues.

On the first start up, the game has no config files for your computer, so it defaults to below recommended settings. Just ignore it, and move everything up to high.

Also, I need a copy of your A New Dawn.log file, located in the root of the Rise of Mankind folder.

I've got the exact same issues as above. My save won't progress past 814 AD. :crazyeye:

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Depletion Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Forest UI} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Warriors of God} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions} Health

Custom​

Attachments

• dontfailpls.CivBeyondSwordSave
    721.3 KB · Views: 31
I think I'm having the same problem. For me at some point in a game I'll hit the end turn the game freezes. The music is still playing and I can move cursor, but every other part of the game is frozen. I've had it happen a few times now and have been able to get a save the turn before it happens. I'm running ver 1.70 of A New Dawn.

Attachments

• 5_1.CivBeyondSwordSave
    318 KB · Views: 45
@Everyone except Xperian,

I can not load your save without a copy of your A New Dawn.log. Please post both, or you are wasting my time. Thanks! ;)

Sorry about that, here you go.

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} Zoology Firestorm Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Domestic Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions} Health

Custom

I had a similar problem once. Happens when some city finished it;s queue. Fixed by getting rid of some resource refining building.

Same thing happened with ver 1.71

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} Zoology Firestorm Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports NIMBY {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Domestic Farming Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions} Health {Better Air Interception} Research

Custom

Attachments

• 5_2.CivBeyondSwordSave
    263.6 KB · Views: 106
I'm also having this problem around 1756 AD. Here's my savegame and AND log file so that this bug can be fixed! I think it will crash on the next turn of this save game...if not, the turn after that.

P.S., don't forget to bring the pain to the heathen Egyptians with my army of Riflemen! Memphis delendo est!

I'm using the current version of ROM and AND.

Attachments

• Save.rar
    4.1 MB · Views: 36
I had a similar problem once. Happens when some city finished it;s queue. Fixed by getting rid of some resource refining building.

I tried it without the refining building installed and it still happened so that's not it =/

Civ stops responding after end-of-turn in a similar manner

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education {Civic Buildings} {No Storms} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Better RoM Artwork} {Water Mod} {Airbase Range} {Civic Diplomacy} Transportation {Misc Buildings} {Battlefield Promotions} Health {Better Air Interception} Research

Custom

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-1716.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
alright everyone reload an older autosave and DONT build fieldhospitals and check if you're still hanging/crashing :)

Top Bottom