civ3 crashes on startup screen HELP!

hotjd86

Chieftain
first of all my pc: a A22m IBM thinkpad labtop with a ATI RAGE Mobility (IBM) display adapter and 128 memory. It uses display resolution of 800X600 but i can change the resolution to 1024X768.

OK heres my problem i just to have windows 98 installed on my pc and civillization 3 and the expansion conquests would run fine....when i started up the resolution by itself would change to 1024X768 on its on when the game started and everything would be fine.

ok now i installed windows xp and i dont got windows 98 no more. I installed civ3 with conquests and when i started the game the start up screen that says conquests would pop up but then would crash and stop. i tried again same thing just wont start under windows xp. I dont know whats wrong someone please help me????? Id apreciate any sugestions.

i had it installed just civ 3 with out conquest and would not start up same thing crashes after the start up screen that says civillization III meaning wont start up as usuall after that. Then I installed conquests and even downloaded the patch for it to see if that would help and still the game wont start its so weird cause it was working on windows 98 perfectly would start up fine.

alright il just wait till someone else looks at the post to see what their opinion is. but hey thanks anyways.

I'm not sure if I get this straight, but if one or more of your installations (either Civ3, PtW or C3C) were carried out under windows 98 and haven't been re-installed in winXP then there is a very good chance that they haven't been registered properly in the registry database.

If that's it, you need to completely uninstall Civ3, PtW and C3C and then reinstall them.

Top Bottom