academic precarity
Here are links to the civ3 version of the WH-Mod:

The Mod:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=128258

Discussionthread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=142486

A nice civ3 map(play it and try to make one so good as that):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=157173

Does someone want to play and analyze it to the bone and make a list of it's features? What concepts there are good for converting them to Civ4 and what aren't?

I.e.: I already named the citylists according to that source. We also got lots of Leader and Greatperson names there. There are dozens of WH-Buildings and Wonders all named properly and with a short description. The units not to name. We can save us a lot of time wondering where a building comes from or what should be called another. The names are all there. We need just convert the concepts if convertable. If they are not we make our own. See? We can save us time. It would be stupid not to use the work of all those WH-Fans throughout all those years. And the mod is still in developement!

Just another explanation. That a wonder is in civ3 doesn't mean we also have to have it! I started this thread because I want to take advantage of that developement there. I don't mean we should follow them erverywhere. Civ4 gives other possibilities to mod and we already have features that aren't possible like this in civ3. It's of course more important to get our design working on its own. I just don't want to fall behind it. WH 2.2 is an awesome mod. Let's learn from it!

Ploeperpengel said:
Just another explanation. That a wonder is in civ3 doesn't mean we also have to have it! I started this thread because I want to take advantage of that developement there. I don't mean we should follow them erverywhere. Civ4 gives other possibilities to mod and we already have features that aren't possible like this in civ3. It's of course more important to get our design working on its own. I just don't want to fall behind it. WH 2.2 is an awesome mod. Let's learn from it!

Understood. It's a great mod where we can get many ideas.

I played this mod about 18 months ago, but didn't really get into it a whole lot. I'm waiting for the next version so I can see some of aaglo's fantastic new artwork in action. Oh, and my C3C CD died and I still haven't found a new one so I need to do that before I can play, obviously. :)

I played that mod really a lot (was the only thing I played in the last days of my civ3 time), nearly 4-5 months. But thats about three quarters of a year in the past. I still got it at home, but strangely my civ3 won´t run anymore and I think I got to do a reinstall.

I üplayed until version 2.0 or 2.1, don´t know which races they added. One of the best concepts of this mod was for the Bretons IMO. They had to build Small-Wonders for the different orders of Knights, which enabled the units, or builded them automatically - can´t remember exactly.

Duke van Frost said:
I played that mod really a lot (was the only thing I played in the last days of my civ3 time), nearly 4-5 months. But thats about three quarters of a year in the past. I still got it at home, but strangely my civ3 won´t run anymore and I think I got to do a reinstall.

I üplayed until version 2.0 or 2.1, don´t know which races they added. One of the best concepts of this mod was for the Bretons IMO. They had to build Small-Wonders for the different orders of Knights, which enabled the units, or builded them automatically - can´t remember exactly.
Knightly orders are limited Worldwonders now and can be raced for by Bretons, Middenheim, Reikland etc
I'm playing with a similar idea for all europeanstyle human civs.

Here the list of wonders:

Great Wonders
Al-Alnon's Garden
Altar of Ultimate Darkness
Anvil of Doom
The Black Library
Black Pyramid of Nagash
The BRotherhood of the Bear
Bugman's Brewery
Chaos Moon
Chaos Node
Citadel of Sunset