Civ4 BTS: Very Newbie Question

deyman299269

Chieftain
Embarrassing to ask this but I can't figure out how to get the downloaded maps that I have gotten from Civ Fanatics to launch in BTS when I start it. Working with a Mac running OS Sierra.

It's been a while since I fired up BTS, but I think this will work for you. I'm also running Sierra and the Steam version of BTS.

I downloaded the Gigantic Accurate Earth map and unzipped and moved to this directory:
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond the Sword/PublicMaps

When I launched the game, I chose Single Player, Play A Scenario and the maps I installed were listed there.

Hope this helps.

It's been a while since I fired up BTS, but I think this will work for you. I'm also running Sierra and the Steam version of BTS.

I downloaded the Gigantic Accurate Earth map and unzipped and moved to this directory:
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond the Sword/PublicMaps

When I launched the game, I chose Single Player, Play A Scenario and the maps I installed were listed there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much...worked like a charm. After reading your note it seems obvious now, but I must be kinda' slow.

Glad it helped, and I've been helped by some gurus on these forums, so I'm just returning the favor!

Top Bottom