Civ4 MTDG Notice

Whomp said:
I know I'm speaking for myself but with our 20+ active members I doubt too many would want to play on another team. I look forward to playing some Civ4 MTDG.

Any thought to playing a round of turns on Pitboss, maybe once a week? It's very cool and would make things even more interesting IMO.

RegentMan and I would not force people to be on certain teams - if you want to be on a certain team, fine! If not, we'll take the people that don't care either way to even out the teams.

About PitBoss - well, I'm not really in charge of deciding that. RM and I have given it some though, and while we would rather just stick with PBEM, this is yet another thing we can poll/discuss once we get a forum (see, TF, this is the sort of things we need the forum for!). The only thing about it is that it is still in beta (and the fact that there will be less time for discussion, because it would be partially online sometimes).

There are tons of things to discuss when we get a forum...

Perhaps if we get this thread out to page ten TF will see the need for the forum... ;)

While I'd rather keep it PBEM, I haven't messed around with PitBoss yet as to make an informed decision. A MTDG based on playing sets of five or ten turns doesn't seem to work in my head. On turn two a team might need some time to make a game-breaking decision, thus the session would need to be canceled. Might as well be PBEM, where you have a few days between turns to get things done. But I'm a traditionalist.

Just to show my support: I'm all for a cIV MTDG. I think the more teams the more fun, but I don't see any strong reason to restrict the game to an even number of teams.

Whenever the game starts, I'll be there (thought I wouldn't be able to view the save until a Mac version comes out).

Top Bottom