civ4 nifskope adding new parts on units doesn't work

civIVffh2isgreat

Chieftain
I've been working on my own units and it keeps making problems. First I tried making a knight with spear on
cataphract model and in game the knight was laying on the ground next to the horse instead of on the horse.
Then I was making a light swordsman with axe on vulture model and in game light swordsman was turned 180 degrees which means his head was where his legs should be and opposite while his weapons were placed right. After that I made a heavy cavalry with knight's body, Landsknect halberd and praetorian shield and in
game it was just a big red bubble which means it can't load. When I test the models they work perfectly with animations and I don't know what is the problem. Can somebody help me?

Moderator Action: Moved to FfH2 forum. leif

Last edited:
a reply?
c'mon people
So first off some of us are fairly active on here but I'd wager most of us don't check this website on a daily basis, have some patience since none of us are getting paid to help out here. Second off since I personally know almost nothing about the artwork files there's nothing I can do to help you so no reason for me to say anything.

and honestly I don't know how it's a FFH2 forum question (Mr leif, why did you move it here ?) ...and not a unit / graphic question...
all those units you mentionned are standard Vanilla game and not FFH2:
(Cataphract is not in FFH ; neither is Landsknect ; Praetorian and Vulture are names of niche FFH2 units, but are also names of BTS UU... , knight and horseman are standard everywhere).

that said, I can't help you personnaly as I had a few issues like that and that killed my modding session.

xml is not my problem and i can't upload models. I will try 2 create a new thread. I hope some moderator won't move it

here are units. i will make more units and test them, and if they don't work i'll put them in this

Attachments

• Resources.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 169
I didn't see anything obviously wrong with the xml. The ", ," at the beginning of the button tag is different but I wouldn't know if it's correct or not and since it doesn't appear like you are having button graphic issues I guess it's fine. You might try reading some of the tutorials in https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ4-modding-tutorials-reference.177/ someone recommended this tutorial https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ee2-future-units-kit.322227/ and someone else recommended tutorials by https://forums.civfanatics.com/members/the_coyote.138874/ (to get to his click on the postings tab, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Find all threads by The_Coyote"). At the moment that's about the limit of my knowledge/ability to help.

I noticed your art is in the resources folder should it be there and not under assets/art/units?

Your problems are obviously to do with the skin attachment of your model. But I can't give you any more detail without knowing exactly what you did and in what order. As in your entire workflow. What unit model did you start from, what did you change etc. Barring that you can look at some of my cavalry models to see how the unit (horseman with different weapon) should look internally.

I don't need this thread anymore. Funny thing is that I switched to Civ6 and there i have problems with unit creation again. It's like some kind of karma follows me

I've finally realised! Some paths for units don't work for me in xml, so I switched to those I know that work, and it worked.

good that you made it work !
I remember being blocked by not being able to position a beard correctly and stoping modding due to it. It worked in nifskope but was completly wonky when opened in civ :)

Top Bottom